Dr. Sheldon Holen practices Periodontics in Chevy Chase, MD. A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease, and in the placement of dental implants. Dr. Holen has expertise in the treatment of oral inflammation and often treats problematic periodontal cases, such as those with severe gum disease or a complex medical history. Some treatments that Dr. Holen provides are scaling and root planing and root surface debridement.
Sheldon Holen DDS's Practice location
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Get Direction
Sheldon Holen DDS's reviewsWrite Review
- Can Sciatica Pain Be Cured?
What is sciatica?Sciatica is a health condition in which one experiences radiating pain running down from the lower back to the feet. Pain may occur on either side of the leg and it is not necessary that lower back pain exists in all cases of sciatica. The pain’s nature is shooting pain, which...
- Celiac Disease May Shadow Type 1 Diabetes
A recent study has found that celiac disease may follow Type 1 diabetes, and it has found that children have a greater risk of having celiac disease auto-antibodies, which may then result in the disorder.According to Dr. William Hagopian, type 1 diabetes and celiac disease are closely related...
- What Could Dysuria Be Telling You?
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or a burning sensation, discomfort, or difficulty when passing urine. In most cases, dysuria is a symptom of another medical condition. Males and females of any age can experience dysuria. However, this symptom is more common in...
- Diagnosing Jock Itch
Jock Itch is a fungal infection that attacks the surface layer of skin around the groin, buttocks and where the thighs join at the waist. Typically, it is brought about by a fungus belonging to a group called Dermatophytes. Candida Albicans, the common yeast is also known to create this...
- Chinese Herbal Remedies for Autoimmune Disorders
A new study has shown that a Chinese herbal remedies made from the roots of blue evergreen hydrangea may help in the treatment of autoimmune disorders. The herb, Chang Shan, weakens the abnormal immune response characteristic of autoimmune disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis,...
- The Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gum Disease
Many diseases interact with rheumatoid arthritis, causing concern for patients and their families. Common diseases that have high comorbidity rates with rheumatoid arthritis are other autoimmune disorders. Lupus is an example of a disorder that might be correlated. Other diseases frequently...
- Dr. Vivian A. Sorkin DMD3460 Old Washington Rd Waldorf Maryland 20602
- Dr. Thomas Lin DMD9010 Lorton Station Boulevard Lorton Virginia 22079
- Dr. David H. Schneider D.M.D.5454 Wisconsin Ave Chevy Chase MD 20815
- Dr. Linda R Suralie DDS6100 Westchester Park Drive College Park MD 20740
- Dr. Christine Karapetian D.D.S6116 Rolling Rd Springfield VA 22152
- Michael Edward Kossak D.D.S1234 19th St Nw Washington DC 20036