Dr. Charles Duckworth is a gastroenterologist practicing in Savannah, GA. Dr. Duckworth specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Duckworth performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Ga Sch of Med, Augusta Ga 1990
Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University 1990
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Acid Reflux
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University Of Virginia Medical Center
- University of Virginia Program
Dr. Charles W Duckworth MD's Practice location
Dr. Charles W Duckworth MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Individual Screening Effectiveness for Celiac Disease
Celiac disease is an autoimmune condition which mainly affects the person’s digestive tract. Specifically, the patient becomes unable to consume gluten due to the damaging effect the protein has on his or her small intestines. Gluten, on the other hand, is a protein present in wheat, barley, and...
- Zooey Deschanel Opens Up About Celiac Disease
Did you know... 1 in 133 Americans are diagnosed with celiac disease, and this doesn't include all those cases that remain undiagnosed. Zooey Deschanel, an American singer-songwriter, actress, and model has celiac. In an interview with Hello Magazine, she explains how she is coping and how she...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B is a disease that is caused by the hepatitis B virus, which can seriously damage the liver. Very few people who have the disease realize its symptoms. Hepatitis B virus usually develops in a carrier body within two to three months.In most adult cases, they get it for a short duration and...
- Vaccine for Celiac Disease is THISCLOSE
With the growing number of patients diagnosed with celiac disease, researchers are finally spending time, money and resources searching for new treatment options. A group of researchers are currently working on a vaccine to reduce the effects of gluten exposure for celiac patients. This vaccine,...
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- What is a Hiatal Hernia?
The hiatus is the opening in the diaphragm through which the esophagus goes and attaches to the stomach. Hiatal hernia is a condition that results in a part of the stomach pushing upwards through the opening into the chest. Small hiatal hernia may not affect you, and you may not realize unless the...
- William Bulsiewicz11 Baymeadow Lane Savannah Georgia 31405
- Dr. Gregory D Borak MD519 Stephenson Ave Savannah GA 31405
- Branden S Hunter MD519 Stephenson Ave Savannah GA 31405
- Dr. Natasha Muckova M.D.519 Stephenson Ave Savannah GA 31405
- Dr. John David Northup M.D.12345 Mercy Blvd Savannah GA 31419
- Dr. George C Aragon MD1139 Lexington Ave Savannah GA 31404