Dr. Gruschen Veldtman is a cardiologist practicing in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Veldtman specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Veldtman also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
University of Cape Town Faculty of Health Sciences
- Dystrophic calcification of the fetal myocardium.
- Images in congenital heart disease. Transient intimal aneurismal formation during an aortogram using a pigtail catheter.
- Illness understanding in children and adolescents with heart disease.
- Images in cardiology: Late thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysm following discreet coarctation of the aorta repair.
- The Fontan procedure in adults.
- Factors associated with self-perceived state of health in adolescents with congenital cardiac disease attending paediatric cardiologic clinics.
- Pressure half-time predicts hemodynamically significant pulmonary regurgitation in adult patients with repaired tetralogy of fallot.
- Native right ventricular outflow stent implantation in patients with unsalvageable extracardiac conduits.
- Radiofrequency applications in congenital heart disease.
- Successful percutaneous ablation of ventricular tachycardia in congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries, a case report.
- Creation and enlargement of atrial defects in congenital heart disease.
- Neonatal aortic stenosis.
- New technique for fenestration of the interatrial septum.
- Hepatic changes in the failing Fontan circulation.
- Sildenafil therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with atrial septal defects.
- Heart Disease
- Birth Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Vascular Disease
Dr. Gruschen Rodney Veldtman M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Gruschen Rodney Veldtman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Diabetes
DiabetesInsulin is a hormone that is secreted by the pancreas. Diabetes can develop when the pancreas stops secreting insulin or when the body becomes resistant to insulin. The most common type of diabetes is type 2 diabetes.According to the American Diabetes Association, more than 25 million people...
- Long Commutes May Lead to Poor Health
A study published in, American Journal of Preventive Medicine, shows that people who commute long distances to work tend to have poor health. People who traveled more than 15 miles a day were more likely to be obese and had more belly fat, when compared to people who traveled less than 5 miles to...
- There is a Link Between Anabolic Steroid Use and Heart Conditions
A study published in the journal Circulation: Heart Failure, has shown that continuous use of anabolic steroids may weaken the heart. To add to the woes, researchers are not clear whether this change is a reversible one. In this study, weight lifters who took steroids regularly had impaired heart...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Gout Complications
Any medical problem left untreated can have devastating consequences. With gout, most people affected may experience a single gout attack that comes with severe pain in the affected joint. Soon thereafter, the symptoms may go away for weeks and even months, and the individual may forget about...
- Dr. Wojciech Mazur M.D.2123 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219
- Michelle A. Grenier3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45209
- John S. Held12 Camargo Canyon Cincinnati Ohio 45243
- Dr. Syed Zubair Haq MD2123 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati OH 45219
- Dr. Dean Kereiakes M.D.2123 Auburn Ave Cincinnati OH 45219
- Dr. Thomas I Murtaugh M.D.2454 Kipling Ave Cincinnati OH 45239