Dr. Steven Lee-kong M.D.
Proctologist161 Fort Washington Ave 8th Floor New York NY, 10032
Dr. Steven Lee-kong is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Lee-kong specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Lee-kong often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons 2004
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS- 2013
- Anal Fissure, Anal Cancer, Bowel Surgery And More
- Crohn's Disease
- Anal Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Genital Warts
- Vascular Disease
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- Columbia University Medical Center
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- New York Presbyterian Hospital Program
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Dr. Steven Lee-kong M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10032Get Direction
Dr. Steven Lee-kong M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lee-kong
- What is a Virtual Colonoscopy?
Also referred to as a VC, a virtual colonoscopy is an x-ray test that detects polyps, cancer or other disorders in the colon. Colonography is the medical term for this test.How It's DoneThere is a difference between an ordinary colonoscopy and a virtual colonoscopy. The ordinary colonoscopy uses a...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- Colon Cancer
What is colon cancer?Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine, also known as the colon. If the last segment of the colon, the rectum, has a cancerous growth, it is known as rectal carcinoma. These two conditions are collectively referred to as colorectal cancer.Carcinoma of the colon is the...
- What Is an Anal Fissure?
What is an anal fissure?The anal canal is a short tube surrounded by muscle at the end of the rectum. An anal fissure is a small crack, tear, or rip in the anal canal lining. Anal fissure is often very small, but can cause you severe pain. The pain gets worse after passing stool and normally last...
- What Are the Treatments for Anal Fissure and Which Specialist Should I Consult?
Anal fissure is an impairment of the wall of the anus. It usually does not come with a lot of medical complications. Nonetheless, it should be treated with urgency, since it can make life very uncomfortable for you. Anal Fissure SymptomsAnal fissure comes with a number of symptoms. Since some of...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Gokhan Ozuner MDThe Cleveland Clinic Foundation A 30 Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Evelyn Irizarry MD234 E 149th St Bronx NY 10451
- Dr. Tereza Cristina Sardinha M.D.3003 New Hyde Park Rd New Hyde Park NY 11042
- Dr. Anuj Raj Kandel M.D.146 Academy St Presque Isle ME 04769
- Dr. Lester Gottesman MD425 W 59th St New York NY 10019
- Dr. Martin R Weiser MD1275 York Ave New York NY 10021