Dr. Helen Cathro is a pathologist practicing in Charlottesville, VA. Dr. Cathro is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Cathro can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Cathro may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Cytopathology
- Posttransplantation lymphoproliferative disease involving the pituitary gland.
- Unexpected Fabry disease in a renal allograft kidney: an underrecognized cause of poor allograft function.
- Analysis of immunohistochemical stain usage in different pathology practice settings.
- Weber-Christian disease associated with the tip variant of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis: a case report.
- Lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the penis: association with human papilloma virus infection.
- Histologic and immunohistochemical assessment of penile carcinomas in a North American population.
- Susceptibility to 1,3-butadiene-induced leukemogenesis correlates with endogenous ecotropic retroviral background in the mouse.
- Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate-Induced Acute Allergic Interstitial Nephritis.
- Diagnostic Efficiency in Digital Pathology: A Comparison of Optical Versus Digital Assessment in 510 Surgical Pathology Cases.
- Crescentic glomerulonephritis with dual positive anti-GBM and C-ANCA/PR3 antibodies.
Dr. Helen P. Cathro M.D.'s Practice location
Charlottesville, VA 22903Get Direction
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22908Get Direction
Dr. Helen P. Cathro M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Mark R. Wick Other1215 Lee Street Charlottesville Virginia 22908
- Dr. Hina Shafique Qureshi M.D.2030 Avon Ct Charlottesville VA 22902
- Dr. James D. Gorham M.D. PH.D.1 Medical Center Dr Lebanon NH 03756
- Dr. Thomas D Bourne MDUva Hospital Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Darin P Trelka MD1215 Lee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Mani S. Mahadevan M.D.3rd Hospital Dr Charlottesville VA 22908