Dr. Katherine Strafford is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Columbus, OH. Dr. Strafford specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Strafford can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Strafford can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Dr. Katherine Strafford MD's Practice location
Columbus, OH 43210Get Direction
Dr. Katherine Strafford MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Sitz Bath: Benefits and Pain Relief
A sitz bath, which is derived from the German word "sitzen", which means "to sit", is a bathing process in warm shallow water to relieve pain or any itching in the perineum. Sitz baths can be done as part of one's personal hygiene, or it can be done as part of a treatment process for an existing...
- Endometriosis: Signs and Symptoms
What is Endometriosis?Endometriosis is a chronic medical condition affecting young women at a reproductive age. It is a very painful condition, which usually ends with menopause. Endometriosis does not occur before puberty.Endometriosis is a medical condition characterized by an implantation and...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- Complications of Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) Deficiency
IntroductionGlucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency is an inherited condition in which the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase is not produced enough by the body. This enzyme is needed to help the red blood cells (RBCs) of the body to function normally.If there is a lack of this...
- Chemotherapy for Ovarian Cancer
What is ovarian cancer?Cancer begins when the cells in the body begin to grow out of control. Any cells in the body can start to become cancerous and can spread to other parts of the body. The beginning of ovarian cancer happens in the ovaries. Ovaries are basically the reproductive glands found in...
- What Is the Bariatric Surgery Diet?
Bariatric Surgery is a type of procedure done by well experienced surgeons with the purpose of reducing weight. It is an operation also referred to as weight loss surgery. Bariatric Surgery is mostly performed on people who are obese.How Is Bariatric Surgery Done?Bariatric surgery is a process that...
- Dr. Anita P. Somani MD3600 Olentangy River Road Columbus Ohio 43214
- Dr. Dorrie A. Friday MD150 Taylor Station Road Columbus Ohio 43213
- Dr. Beth A. Boyles M.D.3525 Olentangy River Road Columbus Ohio 43214
- Dr. David Nicholson D.O.4120 West Franklin Street Bellbrook Ohio 45305
- Dr. Valerie Amber Waddell M.D.920 N Hamilton Rd Columbus OH 43230
- Dr. Mervyn Samuel MD5910 Cleveland Ave Columbus OH 43231