Dr. James Macintyre practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Macintyre evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Macintyre seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Albany Medical College - Union University 1972
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- "Real world" atypical antipsychotic prescribing practices in public child and adolescent inpatient settings.
- Psychotropic medications prescribing patterns for children and adolescents in New
- The kids oneida project: what happened to services when the payment rules changed.
- Resolved: children should be told of their adoption before they ask.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Adjustment Disorder
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine Program
Dr. James C. Macintyre M.D.'s Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28211Get Direction
Dr. James C. Macintyre M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Dr. Kathy J Hickman MD6220 Thermal Rd Charlotte NC 28211
- Dr. Madhu Engineer M.D.7820 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy Charlotte NC 28277
- Dr. Myrna R Thompson M.D.1981 J N Pease Pl Charlotte NC 28262
- Dr. Michael Scott Clark M.D.211 S Centennial St High Point NC 27260
- Dr. Allen B. Stefane MD1101 Nott St Schenectady NY 12308
- Dr. Rabiya Khalid Hasan MD171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425