Dr. Lewis Fraser is an ophthalmologist practicing in Florence, AL. Dr. Fraser specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Fraser can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Fraser can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins Univ Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1967
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Ophthalmology; Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Internal Medicine
Dr. Lewis Keith Fraser M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Lewis Keith Fraser M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Eye Melanoma?
What is eye melanoma?Eye melanoma is also known as ocular melanoma. It is a type of cancer that develops in the eye, from the melanin-producing cells.Melanoma is a type of malignant cancer that develops in the melanin-producing cells all over the human body. Melanin-producing cells are known for the...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- What are Gonococcal and Chlamydial Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is an infection of the eyes. It is easily contracted, but if treated in the right way, could be cured easily. There are several types of conjunctivitis, and two of them are Gonococcal and Chlamydial Conjunctivitis. These types of conjunctivitis are usually bacterial and may affect one...
- What is Dry Eye?
Dry eyes are a condition in which the eyes do not get enough moisture and lubrication from tears. It is the tears that provides constant moisture to the eyes, which is very important for comfort of viewing. It is a very common condition in the population, particularly in people above 40-years-old....
- Eye Infections: Bacterial, Viral, and Fungal
Eye infections occur when various harmful microorganisms invade the eyes. They can be caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. When suspecting an eye infection, you should go and get a detailed eye examination from an eye doctor. Trying to self-diagnose and even self-treat eye problems and eye...
- Cataract Surgery: What is an Intraocular Lens?
When the eye’s natural lenses are removed during cataract surgery, they are replaced by artificial lenses known as intraocular lenses (IOLs). They are also used to correct a patient’s vision during a surgical procedure known as refractive lens exchange.Intraocular lenses are FDA-approved and...
- Dr. Michael Kevin Gray M.D.646 Cox Creek Pkwy Florence AL 35630
- Dr. Daniel John Wenzl MD203 Avalon Avenue Muscle Shoals AL 35661
- Dr. Michael L Brummitt M.D.646 Cox Creek Pkwy Florence AL 35630
- Dr. Mark A Kassels MD1111 S Raleigh Ave Sheffield AL 35660
- Dr. Arnett Carraby MD5419 N Lovington Hwy Hobbs NM 88240
- Dr. Perin Keith Thompson MD646 Cox Creek Pkwy Florence AL 35630