Dr. Jafi Lipson is a radiologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Lipson specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR- 2009
- Freehand MRI-guided preoperative needle localization of breast lesions after MRI-guided vacuum-assisted core needle biopsy without marker placement.
- Utilizing a PACS-integrated ultrasound-guided breast biopsy simulation exercise to reinforce the ACR practice guideline for ultrasound-guided percutaneous breast interventional procedures during radiology residency.
- 3D T2-weighted spin echo imaging in the breast.
- Image quality and diagnostic performance of silicone-specific breast MRI.
- A picture is worth a thousand words: needs assessment for multimedia radiology reports in a large tertiary care medical center.
- Variable spatiotemporal resolution three-dimensional Dixon sequence for rapid dynamic contrast-enhanced breast MRI.
- Rim sign in breast lesions on diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging: diagnostic accuracy and clinical usefulness.
- Stanford University School of Medicine Department of Radiology 2011-2012Junior Faculty of the Year Award
- Breast Cancer, Breast Imaging, Health Informatics
- Ucsf Med Center 2005
- Univ of California San Francisco 2009
- University of California, San Francisco 2009
- Stanford University - Dept of Radiology CA 2010
- Stanford University - Dept of Radiology 2010
- JOURL OF MAGNETIC RESONCE IMAGING3D T2-Weighted Spin Echo Imaging in the Breast2014
- Jourl of magnetic resonce imaging : JMRIRim sign in breast lesions on diffusion-weighted magnetic resonce imaging0
- AJR. American jourl of roentgenologyWhy Are Patients Noncompliant With Follow-Up Recommendations After MRI2013
- Magnetic resonce imagingImage quality and diagnostic performance of silicone-specific breast MRI.2013
- Jourl of the American Medical Informatics AssociationDymic contrast-enhanced MRI2013
- Magnetic resonce imaging clinics of North AmericaUpdates and Revisions to the BI-RADS Magnetic Resonce Imaging Lexicon.2013
- AMIA Summits on Translatiol Science proceedings AMIA Summit on TranslaQualitative and quantitative image-based biomarkers of therapeutic response in triple2013
- Jourl of Magnetic Resonce ImagingVariable spatiotemporal resolution three-dimensiol dixon sequence for rapid dymic contrast0
- European jourl of radiologyBreast MRI without gadolinium2012
- JOURL OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL INFORMATICS ASSOCIATIONAutomatic classification of mammography reports by BI-RADS breast tissue composition class2012
- JOURL OF MAGNETIC RESONCE IMAGINGFreehand MRI-Guided Preoperative Needle Localization of Breast Lesions After MRI-Guided2010
- ARCHIVES OF INTERL MEDICINERadiation Dose Associated With Common Computed Tomography Examitions2009
- Jourl of pediatric urologySubtle rel duplication as an unrecognized cause of childhood incontinence2008
- AMERICAN JOURL OF ROENTGENOLOGYCT and MRI of hepatic contour abnormalities2005
- JOURNAL OF MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING3D T2-Weighted Spin Echo Imaging in the Breast2014
- Journal of magnetic resonance imaging : JMRIRim sign in breast lesions on diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging0
- RadiologyThe california breast density information group2013
- AJR. American journal of roentgenologyWhy Are Patients Noncompliant With Follow-Up Recommendations After MRI2013
- Academic radiologyA picture is worth a thousand words2013
- Magnetic resonance imagingImage quality and diagnostic performance of silicone-specific breast MRI.2013
- Journal of the American Medical Informatics AssociationDynamic contrast-enhanced MRI2013
- Breast cancer research and treatmentA clinical trial of lovastatin for modification of biomarkers associated with breast cancer risk.2013
- Magnetic resonance imaging clinics of North AmericaUpdates and Revisions to the BI-RADS Magnetic Resonance Imaging Lexicon.2013
- AMIA Summits on Translational Science proceedings AMIA Summit on TransQualitative and quantitative image-based biomarkers of therapeutic response in triple2013
- Journal of Magnetic Resonance ImagingVariable spatiotemporal resolution three-dimensional dixon sequence for rapid dynamic contrast0
- European journal of radiologyBreast MRI without gadolinium2012
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL INFORMATICS ASSOCIATIONAutomatic classification of mammography reports by BI-RADS breast tissue composition class2012
- FAMILIAL CANCERBreast cancer risk factors differ between Asian and white women with BRCA1/2 mutations2012
- ACADEMIC RADIOLOGYUtilizing a PACS-integrated Ultrasound2011
- JOURNAL OF MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGINGFreehand MRI-Guided Preoperative Needle Localization of Breast Lesions After MRI-Guided2010
- ARCHIVES OF INTERNAL MEDICINERadiation Dose Associated With Common Computed Tomography Examinations2009
- Journal of pediatric urologySubtle renal duplication as an unrecognized cause of childhood incontinence2008
- AMERICAN JOURNAL OF ROENTGENOLOGYCT and MRI of hepatic contour abnormalities2005
Experience & Accolades
- Assistant Professor of Radiology (General Radiology)the Stanford University Medical Center
Jafi Alyssa Lipson M.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Jafi Alyssa Lipson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Irina A. Vasilyeva MD PHD1001 Potrero Ave San Francisco CA 94110
- Sonja Melita Moelleken M.D.1180 Post St San Francisco CA 94109
- Susan K. Stevens MD2333 Buchanan Street San Francisco California 94115
- Thomas Link M.D.400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco California 94143
- Annie P. Lai MD2125 Oak Grove Road Walnut Creek California 94598
- Beth Kleiner M.D.101 S San Mateo Dr San Mateo CA 94401