Dr. Jack R Tomlinson M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry2410 9th St Wichita Falls TX, 76301
Dr. Jack Tomlinson is a psychiatrist practicing in Wichita Falls, TX. Dr. Tomlinson is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Tomlinson diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Tomlinson may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Tomlinson treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School 1957
- Austin State Hosp, Psychiatry; Baylor Univ Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School Program
Dr. Jack R Tomlinson M.D.'s Practice location
Wichita Falls, TX 76301Get Direction
Dr. Jack R Tomlinson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tomlinson
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- How to Get Your Hormones in Check When You Have Depression
Depression is a mental illness that consumes individuals, leaving them feeling helpless, hopeless, and sometimes useless. It can be caused by life experiences such as loss of a family member or mental trauma in an individual's life.Depression can occur to anyone, and for a vast majority affected,...
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- What Is Trichotillomania: Causes and Symptoms
IntroductionTrichotillomania is also known as the hair-pulling disorder. It is categorized as a mental disorder, wherein there is an involvement of an irresistible as well as a recurrent urge to pull out the hair from the scalp, eyebrows, and other parts of the body with hair.The urge to pull one's...
- Clinical Depression: How it Affects Men and Women
Clinical depression is associated with social, occupational, and physical impairments. People commonly perceive that depression is a trivial condition that is not entirely genuine. However, depression is a real illness with real and debilitating symptoms, and should not be perceived as anything...
- Is There a Difference Between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?
What is a Psychologist?A psychologist is a person who studies and evaluates the mental condition of his or her patient. The education of a psychologist starts with a college degree in psychology. After attaining a bachelor of science or bachelor of arts in psychology, the individual continues school...
- Dr. Adam Stephen Butera M.D.1714 10th St Wichita Falls TX 76301
- Dr. Harvey C. Martin M.D.1808 Rose St Wichita Falls TX 76301
- Bryan Wieck Other1819 8th St Wichita Falls TX 76301
- Dr. Richard Clark Bibb M.D.1001 W Broadway Farmington NM 87401
- Dr. Henry Richard Sanchez-leal M.D.1600 11th St Wichita Falls TX 76301
- Dr. Benny Barnhart M.D.501 Midwestern Pkwy E Wichita Falls TX 76302