Dr. Daniel Materna is a psychologist practicing in Hermitage, PA. Dr. Materna specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Materna evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Materna because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Daniel Materna PSY.D.'s Practice location
Hermitage, PA 16148Get Direction
Dr. Daniel Materna PSY.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Depression in the LGBTQ Community
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, individuals who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer have a high prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders compared to their heterosexual counterparts. Studies have shown that the discrimination, prejudice, abuse, and...
- 17 Things That People with Type A Personalities Do
What is Type A Personality?In the 1950s, two cardiologists, Meyer Friedman and Ray Rosenman, developed Type A and Type B personality theory stating these are two contrasting personality types. According to this theory, Type A personalities are more competitive, outgoing, ambitious, impatient...
- Understanding the Causes of Depression: Is Depression Hereditary?
While researchers are becoming increasingly aware that depression can be genetic, there is a need to shed more light on this issue because it is often misinterpreted. Is depression hereditary? Many people have the misconception that they will necessarily develop depression if their parents or any...
- 5 Major Health Concerns for Women
According to Saralyn Mark, MD, senior adviser for the Office of Women's Health at the US Department of Health and Human Services, it is important for women to consult with their doctor to discuss their family medical history, to prepare for what they may encounter in their lifetime. Women must be...
- Meditate to Concentrate: The Science Behind Meditation
The science behind meditationPeople who meditate use their brain in such a way that it helps them avoid distraction and concentrate on the their task, says a new study. People who meditate regularly have less activity in that part of the brain associated with distractions and day dreaming....
- Psychotherapy for Bipolar Disorder
Bipolar disorder is a type of brain disorder that results in a sudden shift of a person's mood, energy, activity, and sometimes, how a person carries out his or her daily activities. It has always been known that pharmacotherapy is the effective treatment for people with bipolar disorder. However,...
- Dr. Kathryn R. Shroder PH.D.9325 Bay Hill Dr Ne Warren OH 44484
- Cathy L. Clover M.A.3030 Wilmington Rd New Castle PA 16105
- Dr. Kathleen A. Lindstrom PH.D.412 Boardman Canfield Rd Youngstown OH 44512
- Dr. Ronald James Lewellyn PH.D.827 Southwestern Run Youngstown OH 44514
- Dr. Deborah Louise Sano PH.D.7010 South Ave Youngstown OH 44512
- Dr. Joseph C Edwards PHD1704 North Road Se Warren OH 44484