Dr. Artie C Nelson M.D.
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry3825 Lorna Rd Suite 240 Birmingham AL, 35244
Dr. Artie Nelson practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Nelson evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Nelson seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Meharry Med Coll Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1984
Meharry Medical College 1984
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Adjustment Disorder
- Cedars-Sinai Med Ctr, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Lac-King/Drew Med Ctr, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Lac-King/Drew Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Sinai Hosp Of Baltimore, Pediatrics
- Cedars Sinai Med Center
Dr. Artie C Nelson M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35244Get Direction
Dr. Artie C Nelson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nelson
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Dr. Stephen Mark Taylor M.D.1025 Montgomery Hwy Birmingham AL 35216
- Dr. Laura Montgomery-barefield MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Tolulope Tunde Aduroja MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Stewart D. Waddell M.D.6 Office Park Cir Birmingham AL 35223
- Dr. Francisca I Mgbodile MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Leesha Michelle Ellis-cox MD, MPH1909 Commerce Ave Cullman AL 35055