John William O'kane
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine3850 Montlake Blvd Ne Rm 148 B Arena/Hec Edmundson Seattle WA, 98195
Dr. John O'kane is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Seattle, WA. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. O'kane is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- Sports Medicine
- Oral creatine supplementation in male collegiate athletes: a survey of dosing habits and side effects.
- Anterior hip pain.
- Tunnel expansion after hamstring anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with 1-incision EndoButton femoral fixation.
- Mid-third femoral stress fracture with hip pain.
- Venous malformation of the palm in a collegiate crew athlete.
- Back pain in former intercollegiate rowers. A long-term follow-up study.
- Sport-related differences in biomarkers of bone resorption and cartilage degradation in endurance athletes.
- Anterior impingement syndrome in dancers.
- Upper respiratory infection: helpful steps for physicians.
- Coping with upper respiratory infections.
- Syncope following neck trauma in a football player.
- Allergen-mediated disease: keeping patients active.
- Soccer injuries in female youth players: comparison of injury surveillance by certified athletic trainers and internet.
- Survey of injuries in Seattle area levels 4 to 10 female club gymnasts.
- Cerebral microhemorrhages in a collegiate football player: clinical implications in the management of sports concussion.
- Strength and jump biomechanics of elite and recreational female youth soccer players.
- Concussion among female middle-school soccer players.
- Concerns about concussion rates in female youth soccer-reply.
- Evaluation of the Zachery Lystedt Law among female youth soccer players.
- Is Knee Separation During a Drop Jump Associated With Lower Extremity Injury in Adolescent Female Soccer Players?
- Is Heading in Youth Soccer Dangerous Play?
- Risk Factors for Lower Extremity Overuse Injuries in Female Youth Soccer Players.
- University Of Wa School Of Med
John William O'kane's Practice location
Seattle, WA 98195Get Direction
John William O'kane's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. O'kane
- Dehydration: Causes, Symptoms and Prevention
Dehydration is the term used to describe the state of the human body when it is loses more body fluid than you take in. Body fluid, mainly water, is lost through sweat, tears, vomiting, urine and diarrhea. Dehydration could vary from mild to severe based on a number of factors, such as weather...
- Alternative Treatment for Shin Splints
What Are Shin Splints?Shin splints are the result of severe stress being placed on the tibia. This stress leads to inflammation of the surrounding muscle tissues; thus, leading to severely debilitating pain. At times, the pain can be so severe that it may even cause difficulties simply taking a step...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: How to Combat Pain with a Proper Diet
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is characterized by inflammation and pain in the joints, which may be acute in some cases. There are diets that can reduce the inflammation and control the symptoms. These diets, which include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, olive oil, and fish, will also improve the...
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- What Is Cauliflower Ear: Causes and Treatments
What is cauliflower ear?When we talk about the term “cauliflower ear”, it refers to a kind of deformity of the ear. It can be due to various causes such as an injury or blunt trauma to the ear during a wrestling or boxing match. If this injury is not treated in a timely manner, then it can lead...
- What Is Flakka?
Flakka is now more popular than ever, with stories about its use spreading to national news channels. These stories range from hilarious to frightening, which makes flakka so interesting. There are stories of people running through the streets naked, which are a bit hilarious. However, there are...
- Mr. Timothy D Locknane M.D.12911 120th ave NE Kirkland WA 98034
- Dr. Camille Melinda Clinton MD12911 120th ave NE Kirkland WA 98034
- Dr. Maxine J. Weyant MD901 Boren Ave Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Winston John Warme MD1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195
- Kimberly G Harmon Other4060 E Steven Cir Seattle WA 98195
- Dr. Bobby Jo Adams DO12303 Ne 130th Ln Kirkland WA 98034