Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD
Doctor3705 5th Ave Children's Hospital, Pittsburgh PA, 15213
Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD is a top Doctor in Pittsburgh, PA.With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to their specialty, Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better.Through their designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD is a prime example of a true leader in health care.As a leader and expert in their field, Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD is passionate about enhancing patient quality of life. They embody the values of communication, safety, and trust when dealing directly with patients.In Pittsburgh, PA, Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD is a true asset to their field and dedicated to the profession of medicine.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine 1996
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
- Development of a novel age-specific pediatric trauma score.
- Salmonella typhimurium induces apoptosis in human monocyte-derived macrophages.
- Improved functional outcome for severely injured children treated at pediatric trauma centers.
- Triple fistula: management of a double tracheoesophageal fistula with a third H-type proximal fistula.
- Thoracoscopic aortopexy for vascular compression of the trachea: approach from the right.
- Defective pulmonary innervation and autonomic imbalance in congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- Defective parasympathetic innervation is associated with airway branching abnormalities in experimental CDH.
- Endothelial cells potentiate oxidant-mediated Kupffer cell phagocytic killing.
- Birth Defects
Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Get Direction
Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Potoka
- Immunotherapy Side Effects
Aside from use of chemicals and radiation to treat cancer, there are also natural ways that can be harnessed in treatment of cancer patients. This involves the biological improvement of their immune system to enable your body’s natural defense mechanisms to attack and destroy tumors in the body....
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough in Left Ventricular Cardiac Disturbances
Cystic fibrosis may be one of the most common autosomal recessive lethal diseases, but there remains much that is unknown about it. It has been established that the disease causes chronic pulmonary disease and is also capable of leading to cor pulmonale with right ventricular dysfunction, but it was...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Acne?
Acne-related symptoms differ from one person to another. There may be painful, pus-filled lumps appearing underneath the surface of the skin, which are referred to as cystic lesions. Pimples occur as papules filled with pus at the tips. If you notice some open plugged pores in your skin, those are...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Dr. Henkie P Tan MD,PHD3459 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Thuy D Bui MD3459 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Amy C Goldstein MD3705 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Michael Angelo Pezzone MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Jagjit Singh MD815 Freeport Rd Pittsburgh PA 15215
- Dr. Neil M Resnick MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213