Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD
Doctor3705 5th Ave Children's Hospital, Pittsburgh PA, 15213
Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD is a top Doctor in Pittsburgh, PA. With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to their specialty, Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better. Through their designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD is a prime example of a true leader in health care. As a leader and expert in their field, Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD is passionate about enhancing patient quality of life. They embody the values of communication, safety, and trust when dealing directly with patients. In Pittsburgh, PA, Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD is a true asset to their field and dedicated to the profession of medicine.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine 1996
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
- Development of a novel age-specific pediatric trauma score.
- Salmonella typhimurium induces apoptosis in human monocyte-derived macrophages.
- Improved functional outcome for severely injured children treated at pediatric trauma centers.
- Triple fistula: management of a double tracheoesophageal fistula with a third H-type proximal fistula.
- Thoracoscopic aortopexy for vascular compression of the trachea: approach from the right.
- Defective pulmonary innervation and autonomic imbalance in congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- Defective parasympathetic innervation is associated with airway branching abnormalities in experimental CDH.
- Endothelial cells potentiate oxidant-mediated Kupffer cell phagocytic killing.
- Birth Defects
Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Get Direction
Dr. Douglas A Potoka MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Potoka
- Parasite Cleanse: Symptoms, Diet, and Home Remedies
What are parasites?There are a variety of parasites which can cause disruption in the intestinal tract. Infections caused by parasites are a very common trend in international travelers over the past couple of years. These parasites cause a lot of varied symptoms such as vomiting, chills, pain in...
- Are You at Risk for Developing Gestational Diabetes?
Diabetes is a very complex condition, which may occur at any age, in any point of our lives, even during pregnancy.Gestational diabetes is a disease acquired by pregnant women who have high blood glucose levels during pregnancy. This condition is usually developed around the 24th week of pregnancy,...
- Migraine Associated Vertigo (MAV)
What is Vertigo?Vertigo is a sensation that is associated with dizziness or giddiness associated with certain movements. There are various factors that could contribute to vertigo in people. Migraine is just one of the many contributing factors that could result in vertigo.What is a Migraine?A...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- Dr. Michael Rytel MD1030 Broadview Blvd Brackenridge PA 15014
- Dr. Mumtaz Alvi MD, FACS1220 Lincoln Way Mckeesport PA 15131
- Dr. Thomas M Jaffe M.D.200 Delafield Rd Pittsburgh PA 15215
- Dr. Nadeem Islam MD1318 5th Ave Mckeesport PA 15132
- Dr. Neil M Resnick MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Ogundu Obioha Ngwu MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213