Dr. Kevin Pickett practices Orthodontics in Mobile, AL. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Pickett may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Pickett must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
- University Of Alabama School Of Dentistry
Dr. Kevin L Pickett DMD, MS's Practice location
Mobile, AL 36695Get Direction
Dr. Kevin L Pickett DMD, MS's reviewsWrite Review
- How Can I Reduce the Pain of Sensitive Teeth?
If you can’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold juice without getting that stinging pain in your teeth, those are symptoms of sensitive teeth. Moreover, eating, brushing and flossing may also lead to the sharp pain. Sensitivity to the cold and heat may be caused by a number of reasons...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Want Pearly Whites? Try These Foods
Brushing and flossing the teeth regularly helps to maintain a healthy oral cavity. Food also plays a role in keeping the teeth white and bright. Acids present in the food may erode the tooth enamel causing it to erode leading to tooth decay. Certain foods like sugar free gum, sugar free drinks,...
- Why Do I Have a Toothache?
Toothaches refers to the pain in and around one's mouth and jaw. This pain can be very mild or throbbing, and differs in intensity from one person to another. The pain may start suddenly. In some cases, the pain may become worse with time or just disappear after some time.Some of the common causes...
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Dr. Glenn Houston Glass DMD1303 Main Street Daphne AL 36526
- Dr. H. L. Strickland D.D.S.7489 Parker Rd Fairhope AL 36532
- Michael Wayne Mcduffie D.M.D.6491 Jordan Rd Daphne AL 36526
- Dr. Stephen T Hicks D. D. S.1575 University Blvd S Mobile AL 36609
- Dr. Brian Ray Oliver D.M.D.1100 Hillcrest Rd Mobile AL 36695
- Dr. Rosalyn J Salter DMD1605 Hillcrest Rd Mobile AL 36695