Dr. Mark Wakefield is a urologist practicing in Columbia, MO. Dr. Wakefield specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Testicular histology after transparenchymal fixation using polytetrefluoroethylene suture: an animal model.
- Unusual and underappreciated: small cell carcinoma of the prostate.
- Long-term survival of kidneys transplanted from live A2 donors to O and B recipients.
- Transplantation of cadaveric pediatric duel en bloc renal allografts in a patient with elevated factor VIII and IX levels.
- Medication adherence and older renal transplant patients' perceptions of electronic medication monitoring.
- Medication adherence in older renal transplant recipients.
- Standardized laparoscopic simulation positively affects a student's surgical
- Time-in-a-bottle (TIAB): a longitudinal, correlational study of patterns, potential predictors, and outcomes of immunosuppressive medication adherence in adult kidney transplant recipients.
- The paradoxical role of IL-10 in immunity and cancer.
- The role of IL-11 in immunity and cancer.
- Expression of γ-Synuclein in Bladder Carcinoma: A Possible Marker for Prognosis.
- The role of IL-37 in cancer.
- Trichomonas vaginalis: a possible foe to prostate cancer.
- The role of IL-29 in immunity and cancer.
- The Role of IL-37 in Non-Cancerous Diseases.
Dr. Mark Richard Wakefield MD's Practice location
Columbia, MO 65212Get Direction
Dr. Mark Richard Wakefield MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wakefield
- What Causes Blood in Semen?
What does blood in semen mean?Blood found in urine or stool can be a cause for concern. Similarly, when a man comes across blood in semen, then it can make him anxious. The medical term for blood found in semen is hematospermia or hemospermia. Fortunately, blood in semen does not always indicate a...
- Alternative Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction
What is erectile dysfunction? Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common disorder affecting men of all ages, although it is more common in men above the age of 50. It affects the ability to have an erection and maintain it for a satisfying sexual experience. To understand the nature of alternative...
- Is This Genital Herpes or do I have Cold Sores?
Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). This virus causes both genital herpes and oral herpes (cold sores). However, the strain varies, with the herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV1) causing cold sores while the herpes simplex type 2 (HSV2) causes genital herpes. HSV1 is mostly transmitted...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- What's a Micropenis?
A micropenis is a penis that is smaller than an average human penis size. It is smaller than 7 cm or 2.7 inches when erected or smaller than 4 cm or 1.5 inches when flaccid, which is actually two and a half times smaller than the average penis.It affects about 0.6 percent of men, so it is a very...
- What Will a Doctor Ask if you Have Blood in Your Urine?
In the normal course, blood has no reason to appear in the urine, but if that happens, one should not hesitate to seek specialist medical opinion. Blood may appear in urine owing to simple infections in the urinary and genital systems, or it could be a result of some serious ailment that is...
- Dr. Scott A Troxel MDOne Hospital Drive Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Taz Joseph Harmon M.D.105 N Keene St Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Danny L Huynh MD1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Julie M Riley MD1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Jerry Jeff Trulson M.D.1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Scott Thomas Matz MD1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212