Dr. Daniel Shirey is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Newburgh, IN. Dr. Shirey specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Loyola Univ of Chicago Stritch Sch of Med, Maywood Il 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Hematology-Internal Medicine; U Tx-M D Anderson Cancer C, Medical Oncology; Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Internal Medicine
- University Miami/Jackson Meml Hospital
Dr. Daniel Ray Shirey MD's Practice location
Newburgh, IN 47630Get Direction
Dr. Daniel Ray Shirey MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Overcoming Lymphoma: A South Philly Student's Story
In April of 2018, 18-year-old Alexis Carine was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), a blood cancer that begins in the lymphatic system. Her diagnosis was stage II HL, a cancer found in two or more lymph node areas, and both are either above or below the diaphragm (the muscle located just...
- Seven-year-old Lymphoma Ninja Warrior Fights Through 500 Days of Chemo
In some ways, Von Kleiv is an ordinary 7-year-old boy. He goes to Welch Elementary School in Dover, Delaware. He’s in second grade. He’s getting into karate, and just broke his first wooden board at his first demonstration. People know him as a boy warrior with a strong spirit. He is optimistic,...
- 'Robocop' Stem Cells Developed to Fight Cancer
Cancer is the second-leading cause of death in the United States, although due to several advancements in cancer screening and treatment, survival rates have begun to improve.A new cancer therapyResearchers at the University of Minnesota and Mayo Clinic have developed a new type of cancer therapy...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- Touchdown For Lymphoma: Two Teams Put Rivalry Aside For a Cause
Everyone knows that some rivalries can get pretty heated - especially when sports are involved. However, two football teams recognize that there is something more important - supporting a girl with Hodgkin's lymphoma. Although she was a cheerleader for the football team, they are now turning the...
- Dr. Michael L Titzer M.D.3699 Epworth Rd Newburgh IN 47630
- Dr. Edward P Fox M.D.3699 Epworth Rd Newburgh IN 47630
- Dr. Vivian C Cook M.D.3699 Epworth Road Newburgh IN 47630
- Dr. Arshad Iftekhar Husain MD110 N Water St Henderson KY 42420
- Dr. Thomas M Waits M.D.3699 Epworth Rd Newburgh IN 47630
- Dr. Maqbool A Ahmed M.D.421 Chestnut St Evansville IN 47713