Dr. Thomas Shields is a general surgeon practicing in Manhattan, KS. Dr. Shields specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Shields provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1974
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Via Christi Reg Mc/St Francis, General Surgery
Dr. Thomas M Shields MD's Practice location
Manhattan, KS 66502Get Direction
Dr. Thomas M Shields MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You May Need Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is an operation that is used to remove hydrocele from an individual. The term hydrocele refers to the accumulation of serum fluid around the testicle. This fluid is secreted by a pouch of serous membrane that lines the testicles called tunica vaginalis.Hydrocele that occurs to infants...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- What to Expect After a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is mostly carried out as an outpatient operation, where the patient is allowed to go home on the same day after the surgery. However, a one-day hospital stay is recommended if complications occur after the operation and if the patient has a minor or complex medical...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What to Expect if You Need a Colonoscopy
A colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure done in a private room, in which the inside of the large intestine, (colon and rectum), is examined. This procedure is normally used to evaluate gastrointestinal symptoms, such as rectal and intestinal bleeding, abdominal pain, or changes in bowel habits....
- Dr. Charles Bollman MD1110 Saint Marys Rd Junction City KS 66441
- Dr. Laurence F Lo MD1110 Saint Marys Rd Junction City KS 66441
- Dr. Fouad H Hachem MD1110 Saint Marys Rd Junction City KS 66441
- Dr. Matthew Charles Wakefield Other600 Casson Hill Rd Fort Riley KS 66442
- Dr. Ryan Christopher Rusnok D.O.725 Skippack Pike Blue Bell PA 19422
- Dr. David G Pauls MD1133 College Ave Manhattan KS 66502