Dr. Kerry Malley is a speech language pathologist practicing in RICHMOND, VA. Dr. Malley specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Malley evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Malley helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Kerry Malley's Practice location
RICHMOND, VA 23223Get Direction
Kerry Malley's reviewsWrite Review
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Ms. Sonja Hamlin M.A., CCC-SLP3906 ORION CT HENRICO VA 23231
- Monica Reavis Dudley13900 HULL STREET RD MIDLOTHIAN VA 23112
- Ms. Kathryn Satterfield Alter CCC/SLP4122 E PARHAM RD RICHMOND VA 23228
- Charlotte Vaughan Crane SLP2924 BROOK RD RICHMOND VA 23220
- Rebecca Stratton LSLP8254 ATLEE RD MECHANICSVILLE VA 23116
- Ann Whaley SLP8254 ATLEE RD MECHANICSVILLE VA 23116