Dr. Shelley Lynn Schmidt MD, MS
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease1500 E Medical Center Dr 3rd Floor Taubman Ce Ann Arbor MI, 48109
Dr. Shelley Schmidt practices Pulmonology in Ann Arbor, MI. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Schmidt manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 2003
University of Michigan Medical School 2003
- Rapid phagocytosis and melanization of bacteria and Plasmodium sporozoites by hemocytes of the mosquito Aedes aegypti.
- Hemocyte-mediated phagocytosis and melanization in the mosquito Armigeres subalbatus following immune challenge by bacteria.
- Long-term outcome of nonsurgical candidates with medically refractory localization-related epilepsy.
- The antibacterial innate immune response by the mosquito Aedes aegypti is mediated by hemocytes and independent of Gram type and pathogenicity.
- Age-associated mortality in immune challenged mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti) correlates with a decrease in haemocyte numbers.
- Increasing development in the surroundings of U.S. National Park Service holdings jeopardizes park effectiveness.
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Internal Medicine
Dr. Shelley Lynn Schmidt MD, MS's Practice location
Ann Arbor, MI 48109Get Direction
Dr. Shelley Lynn Schmidt MD, MS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schmidt
- COPD: Nicotine Replacement Therapy
Cessation of Smoking and Medication UseThe first goal for patients with COPD who smoke is to get the patient to quit smoking. When a patient with COPD stops smoking, breathing will not be as difficult as it has been while the patient was smoking. Moreover, even if the patient is diligently taking...
- What Is Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is inflammation of the cells lining your bronchial airways. Bronchitis affects males more than the females. Bronchitis can be due to an infection (viral or bacterial in origin), inhalation of smoke, dust or any other irritating substance....
- What is Lupus?
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disease that attacks the body’s healthy cells, tissues, and organs. The inflammation can damage the skin, joints, kidneys, lungs, heart, brain, and blood vessels.Normally, the body’s immune system produces antibodies. These antibodies protect and fight...
- Everything You Need to Know About Bronchitis
Bronchitis is a common medical condition affecting people worldwide, regardless of their age and sex. However, bronchitis tends to affect young children and infants, as well as people who have chronic medical conditions, especially chronic conditions affecting the lungs and heart.Bronchitis is an...
- Adventure, A Dream Wedding, and Cystic Fibrosis
Caleigh Haber has spent 27 years battling cystic fibrosis.For some time now, Caleigh’s boyfriend, Bryan, has been helping her with care needs. Caleigh’s over-all health status appears fragile: Aside from late-stage CF, she’s also “in kidney failure (becoming more common for those with CF),...
- Depression Leads to Non-Adherence of COPD Medication
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a progressive disease, which currently does not have a cure yet, as modern medicine has not found a way to reverse the damage done to the airways and lungs. For this reason, there is a slow and long-term development of debilitating symptoms. The...
- Dr. Michael Nagtalon Gamiao MD14555 Levan Rd Livonia MI 48154
- Dr. Najia Huda M.D2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit MI 48202
- Dr. Thomas R Gravelyn M.D.5333 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197
- Dr. Steven Eldon Gay MD1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Cyril M Grum MD1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. William F Patton M.D.5333 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197