Dr. Vilma Ortiz is an anesthesiologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Ortiz ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Ortiz also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 1991
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons 1991
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Intraoperative Harlequin syndrome.
- The effects of preoperative, video-assisted anesthesia education in Spanish on Spanish-speaking patients' anxiety, knowledge, and satisfaction: a pilot study.
- Obesity: physiologic changes and implications for preoperative management.
- How Rescue Echocardiography Changed the Intraoperative Management of an Obese Patient with Refractory Hypotension?
- Mass Gen Hosp, Anesthesiology; Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Internal Medicine
Dr. Vilma Enid Ortiz MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
Dr. Vilma Enid Ortiz MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Can I Live with Liver Cancer?
You can still live a happy and healthy life even if you have liver cancer. Liver cancer is a very deadly disease, and sometimes, it becomes very hard to treat it, especially in its advanced stages. In such cases, you don’t have to worry at all. You can receive your treatment according to your...
- Treatments for Laryngitis
Laryngitis symptoms normally start unexpectedly and worsen within a period of two to three days. The common symptoms for laryngitis are:...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Stephanie Cintora MD55 Lake Avenue Worcester Massachusetts 01604
- Sanjay Kumar Singh175 Freeman Street Brookline Massachusetts 02446
- Dr. Patrick D. Mccarty DDS30 Warren St Brighton MA 02135
- Dr. Karen R. Boretsky MD3705 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Laura Alexander MD75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115
- Dr. Jana Zahorska Hudcova M.D.34 Mill Road Wilmington Massachusetts 1887