Dr. Igor Stojanov M.D.
Neurologist | Neurology2258 Wrightsboro Rd Suite 430 Augusta GA, 30904
Dr. Igor Stojanov practices Neuropathology in Augusta, GA. Dr. Stojanov studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Sveucilista "V Bakaric" Univ Rijeka, Med Fak, Rijeka, Croatia 1987
University Of Rijeka, Faculty Of Medicine 1987
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Neurology; Methodist Hsp-Central Unit, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Igor Stojanov M.D.'s Practice location
Augusta, GA 30904Get Direction
AUGUSTA, GA 30909Get Direction
Dr. Igor Stojanov M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stojanov
- How Sunscreen May Lead to New Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
A few cells in the immune and nervous systems have vitamin D receptors that are found on the cells’ surface. It is here where they receive chemical signals. When a cell attaches itself to a receptor, the chemical signals trigger the cell to perform an activity, such as to divide in multiple ways...
- What Causes Stroke?
Basically, a stroke is divided into two main types: ischemic and hemorrhagic. Each of them affects the brain in different ways and each has its own causes. Ischemic strokes are the most prevalent types of stroke. They are mainly brought about when the flow of blood and the circulation of oxygen are...
- Comparisons Between Duchenne and Becker Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disease caused by abnormal levels of dystrophin in the body, a protein necessary for maintaining muscle integrity for movement and for heart functions. It is characterized by progressive muscle atrophy and is also linked to a heart condition called cardiomyopathy. ...
- Understanding the Mind of a Dementia Patient
There are those who are trying to understand just what can be offered in the latest for care relating to dementia patients and those who are suffering from serious issues with memory related problems. While it can seem like there is no hope, new research is being looked at each and every single day....
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Stroke?
Stroke can occur at any time of your life. However, those who have attained 65+ years are more prone to getting a stroke. It is also important to note that other factors such as family history, alcohol, smoking, medical history, and your ethnicity can trigger the occurrence of stroke. If you think...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Cellular Antennae Play Key Role in Muscle Loss
As humans age, it is common for muscle cells to diminish and be exchanged with fat cells. It is a slow process as one cell after another is exchanged. However, this process quickens when a muscle is injured. The worst case occurs in muscle wasting diseases like Duchenne muscular dystrophy. A...
- Dr. Khaled F Kamel MD410 University Pkwy Aiken SC 29801
- Dr. Melvyn L Haas MD410 University Pkwy Aiken SC 29801
- Dr. Justin Thomas Mhoon M.D.1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912
- Dr. Vanessa Baute MD1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912
- Mr. William E Philippi MD73 Calle Santa Cruz Bayamon PR 00961
- Dr. Yong D. Park MD1120 15th Street Augusta GA 30912