Dr. Jenelle Stahlke is a speech language pathologist practicing in WINCHESTER, VA. Dr. Stahlke specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Stahlke evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Stahlke helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Jenelle Stahlke's Practice location
WINCHESTER, VA 22601Get Direction
Jenelle Stahlke's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Jessica Wyatt SLP110 MORDINGTON AVENUE CHARLES TOWN WV 25414
- Mrs. Nicole Lynn Kress-scheidmantel M.S., CCC-SLP110 MORDINGTON AVE CHARLES TOWN WV 25414
- Karen Nelson1000 N SHENANDOAH AVE FRONT ROYAL VA 22630
- Bonnie Sitman SLP110 MORDINGTON AVENUE CHARLES TOWN WV 25414
- Ms. Karolyn June Mack M.S./C.C.C.-SLP209 W CRISER RD FRONT ROYAL VA 22630
- Mrs. Amanda Coffman Brill M.S. CCC SLP1840 AMHERST ST WINCHESTER VA 22604