Dr. Julie Kessel is a Neonatal-Perinatal Physician practicing in Madison, WI. Dr. Kessel cares for the critically ill newborn and premature infants. Neonatal-Perinatal Physicians treat conditions such as breathing disorders, birth defects, infections, and any other life-threatening medical problems. They coordinate with their young patients families and other physicians to determine appropriate treatment.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Francisco, Sch of Med, San Francisco Ca 1991
University of California 1991
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- 2012Madison Magazine Top Docs
- Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Pediatrics
- Emory University Affiliated Hospitals
- University of Utah Program
Dr. Julie M Kessel MD's Practice location
Madison, WI 53715Get Direction
MADISON, WI 53792Get Direction
Dr. Julie M Kessel MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is The Difference Between A Cosmetic Surgeon And A Plastic Surgeon?
Cosmetic Surgeon vs. Plastic SurgeonA cosmetic surgeon is a person who has trained and specialized in cosmetic surgery which involves the art of using techniques of medicine and surgery to enhance a person’s looks and appearance.A plastic surgeon, on the other hand, is a specialist involved in...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- Dr. Michael A Porte MD1102 W 32nd St Joplin MO 64804
- Dr. Nina S. Menda M.D.111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Jamie Jose Limjoco MD202 S Park St Madison WI 53715
- Dr. Ryan Michael Mcadams MD1618 Taft Ave Eau Claire WI 54701
- Dr. Neena D Shah MD202 S Park St Madison WI 53715
- Dr. Pamela J Kling MD202 S Park St Madison WI 53715