Dr. Fotios Vrionis practices Neurological Surgery in Tampa, FL. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Vrionis prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
University Athens-Faculty Medical, School Of Health & Science 1984
University of Athens School of Health Sciences 1984
University of Athens School of Health Sciences
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Brain Tumor
- Bone Cancer
- Birth Defects
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- New England Med Ctr Hosps, Neurological Surgery; New England Med Ctr Hosps, General Surgery
Dr. Fotios Vrionis MD's Practice location
Tampa, FL 33612Get Direction
Dr. Fotios Vrionis MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Vrionis
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Signs You Need to See a Doctor for Back Pain
There are a number of potential causes of back pain, but most of them are rare. Most cases of back pain, particularly those that go away with or without over-the-counter treatment, do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following signs and...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Joel I Franck MD11111 Panama City Beach Pkwy Panama City Beach FL 32407
- Dr. A Samy Youssef M.D.2A Columbia Drive Tampa FL 33606
- Dr. Peter T. Kan M.D.Department Of Neurosurgery University Of Utah Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Peter Forsyth MD12902 Usf Magnolia Dr Tampa FL 33612
- Mr. Scott G. Cutler M.D.4726 N Habana Avenue Tampa FL 33614
- Dr. Elias Dakwar M.D.307 S. Macdill Ave Tampa FL 33609