Dr. Kristin Fickenscher practices Radiation Oncology in Columbia, MO. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Fickenscher specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR- Pediatric Radiology
Dr. Kristin Anne Fickenscher MD's Practice location
Columbia, MO 65212Get Direction
KANSAS CITY, MO 64108Get Direction
Dr. Kristin Anne Fickenscher MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Cervical Cancer Defined
The cervix connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main types of cells in the cervix...
- All About Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
Continuous advancements in diagnostic and treatment methods have made breast cancer go from being a death sentence to being something that can be treated effectively for many women. Generally, breast cancer treatment falls into the categories of surgery, chemotherapy, biologic therapies, and...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- What Medications Are Used for Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer treatments can be administered to cure cancer or to manage or alleviate its symptoms. There are several ways of treating prostate cancer and the treatment options depend on various factors such as:...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- Dr. Steven J Westgate M.D.115 Business Loop 70 W Columbia MO 65203
- Dr. Harold A Johnson MD1705 E Broadway Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Gregory B Biedermann MD1705 E Broadway Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Mark P Bryer MD1705 E Broadway Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Roger R. Good M.D.105 N Keene St Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Deepak Rao Raghu MDOne Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212