Dr. Steven Dickter is a family practitioner practicing in West Chester, PA. Dr. Dickter specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Dickter possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1987
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Central Me Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- Central Maine Medical Center
Dr. Steven Joseph Dickter M.D.'s Practice location
West Chester, PA 19382Get Direction
Dr. Steven Joseph Dickter M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Alternative Treatments for Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism refers to the medical condition in which the thyroid gland is unable to produce an adequate amount of hormones. These hormones are extremely important in various body functions. Low levels of thyroid hormone may result in the characteristic symptoms of hypothyroidism. This condition...
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- 5 Tips for Dealing With Ingrown Hair
Ingrown hair is a condition where hair has grown back into the skin instead of out through the surface. An ingrown hair, since it irritates the skin, usually appears as a small, red bump, much like a pimple. Sometimes, it can have pus inside the follicle and look like a boil and cause you some pain...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Sinusitis?
Sinusitis occurs because of the infection of the sinuses or cavities of the nasal passage, causing an inflammation and swelling of the tissue lining them. The usual cause is a virus, and the infection persists even when the upper respiratory symptoms have disappeared. Bacteria or fungi can also...
- What Do Head Lice Eggs Look Like?
Lice lay their eggs called nits, which are placed on the hair shaft. Nits look more like dandruff but they cannot simply be shaken out of the hair like dandruff. To get rid of lice eggs, you have to follow certain steps and make sure that their eggs or nits are completely removed from the...
- Dr. Aqiyla Muhammad MD613 Hill Farm Ln Springfield Pennsylvania 19064
- Dr. Marc David Grobman D.O.3411 Silverside Rd Wilmington DE 19810
- Dr. Natalie Belle Tussey M.D.1240 Wrights Ln West Chester PA 19380
- Dr. Akshay S Dave MD321 E Broad St Gibbstown NJ 08027
- Dr. Sharon J Fleischer M.D.1555 Medical Dr Pottstown PA 19464
- Dr. Joshua B Feinberg DO300 Evergreen Dr Glen Mills PA 19342