Dr. Mayurika Ghosh is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Ghosh specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
University of Calcutta / Medical College MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- New England Med Ctr Hosps, Infectious Diseases; St Elizabeth'S Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Mayurika Ghosh MD's Practice location
Dr. Mayurika Ghosh MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Fever in Adults: What You Should Know
The normal body temperature of a human being is 37° C. However, it may change throughout the day due to several factors. When the body’s temperature is elevated, it is described as a fever. Unlike the standard body temperature, a fever is not a constant temperature. In some instances,...
- What Are the Different Stages of Syphilis?
Syphilis is a bacterial disease that is dangerous if not diagnosed early and treated. It is an infectious disease that spreads through sexual contact. It has 4 major stages but not all people go through these 4 stages. Still, it is important to get proper treatment. Syphilis has 4 stages in its...
- Should I Change My Diet If I Have Lyme Disease?
Although Lyme disease is not caused by a poor diet, a change in your diet will be necessary if you get infected. The disease is actually caused by a tick bite. Living with this disease will require you to eliminate some foods from your diet, and focus more on including other types of foods.The...
- Lyme Disease and Multiple Sclerosis: What Is the Link?
Multiple sclerosis and lyme disease have similar symptoms such as fatigue, dizziness, and numbness of the hands and legs. Although they share similar symptoms, these diseases are quite different in nature from each other. Lyme disease: what is it? Lyme disease is the result of a tick bite. The tick...
- What Is the Difference Between AIDS and HIV?
The main difference between AIDS and HIV is that HIV is a virus whereas AIDS is a condition that is caused by HIV. People often confuse HIV and AIDS. Different diagnoses are used to identify both HIV and AIDS. However, they are said to go hand-in-hand and are very often used interchangeably to...
- What Are Lymphocytes? Low, Normal, and High Lymphocyte Counts
Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell produced in the bone marrow. A few lymphocytes enter the bloodstream while some move into the lymphatic system. Having a low or high lymphocyte count can help identify a person's medical condition. Normal lymphocyte counts usually vary from one laboratory...
- Dr. Anthony Amoroso M.D.22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Charles A Haile MD7600 Osler Dr Towson MD 21204
- Dr. Stuart Campbell Ray M.D.1830 E Monument St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Gelareh K Alavi M.D.5601 Loch Raven Blvd Baltimore MD 21239
- Dr. Mariam Moiz Khambaty M.D.22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Michael Anand Chattergoon M.D., PH.D.Moore Clinic Carnegie 346 Baltimore MD 21287