Dr. Scott E Porter M.D.
Orthopaedic Surgeon1410 E Woodrow Wilson Ave Jackson MS, 39216
Dr. Scott Porter is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Jackson, MS. Dr. Porter specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Porter tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- The clamshell osteotomy: a new technique to correct complex diaphyseal malunions.
- The clamshell osteotomy: a new technique to correct complex diaphyseal malunions: surgical technique.
- Office and hospital needs.
- Lateral ankle radiographs: do we really understand what we are seeing?
- Primary dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the axilla arising in a mixed, well-differentiated and myxoid liposarcoma.
- Evaluation and treatment of extremity metastatic disease.
- Navigating Postgraduate Orthopaedic Surgery Education.
- Resident Selection Beyond the United States Medical Licensing Examination.
- Novel Strategies to Improve Resident Selection by Improving Cultural Fit: AOA Critical Issues.
Dr. Scott E Porter M.D.'s Practice location
Jackson, MS 39216Get Direction
GREEVILLE, SC 29605Get Direction
Dr. Scott E Porter M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Porter
- What You Need to Know About Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a medical condition that if diagnosed on time could be preventable and successfully treatable. In literal terms, osteoporosis means ‘bones with holes’. It is often called “the silent thief” because bone loss occurs without symptoms.But what is osteoporosis? According to WHO...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is a term used to describe several procedures and modifications of conventional knee replacement aimed to reduce tissue trauma. Unlike other procedures that involve a deep cut on your knee to expose the joint, the procedure's main goal is to reduce or...
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- How to Treat a Sprained Ankle
Ankle sprains are a very common ailment, particularly of women who have the habit of wearing high heels. Ankle sprains refer to the condition in which one of the ligaments in the ankle is injured. A history of ankle sprains will eventually make an individual prone to ankle sprains. Landing the foot...
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Robert A Mcguire MD2500 N state street Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. David John Gandy M.D.971 Lakeland Dr Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Christopher James Kneip M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Thom A. Tarquinio M.D.1410 E Woodrow Wilson Ave Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. William P. Mccluskey M.D.1410 E Woodrow Wilson Ave Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Edwin Jeff Kennedy M.D.290 E Layfair Dr Flowood MS 39232