Dr. Ali Sharifian MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease358 Mowbray Arch Norfolk VA, 23507
Dr. Ali Sharifian is a cardiologist practicing in Norfolk, VA. Dr. Sharifian specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Sharifian also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Ali Sharifian MD's Practice location
Norfolk, VA 23507Get Direction
KIRKLAND, WA 98034Get Direction
Dr. Ali Sharifian MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sharifian
- What Causes Secondary Hypertension?
Secondary hypertension refers to high blood pressure that is caused by other diseases. This is a less common form of hypertension when compared to ‘essential’ or ‘primary’ hypertension. A number of conditions that affect heart, kidneys or endocrine system may result in secondary...
- What is Systemic Lupus Erythematosus?
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus is a chronic autoimmune disease that affects several systems of our body. SLE is also known as discoid lupus or disseminated lupus erythematosus. How common is SLE? Out of all the types of lupus, SLE is the most common form. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus is a very common...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- What is the DASH diet?
DASH, or Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, is a flexible eating plan developed by experts to lower blood pressure. Although the diet was developed for people with hypertension, it was found to be effective in losing weight, and also in reducing diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and other health...
- What Are the Heart Health Benefits of Arginine?
Arginine is an essential amino acid that has been in the spot light among hundreds of other nutrients because of its benefits to the heart. For many people diagnosed with heart disease, the heart-healthy benefits of this nutrient have come to the forefront. Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid...
- What Is Raynaud’s Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Raynaud’s disease?Raynaud’s disease, also known as Raynaud’s syndrome or Raynaud’s phenomenon, is a rare blood vessel disorder described by a French physician named Maurice Raynaud in 1862. In this condition, the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the...
- Dr. Vernon Raphael Francis M.D.400 Sentara Circle Williamsburg Virginia 23188
- Mr. Amin Yehya MD95 Collier Rd NW Atlanta Georgia 30309
- Dr. Mohit Bhasin MD612 Kingsborough Sq Chesapeake VA 23320
- Dr. Edward Chu MD500 J Clyde Morris Blvd Newport News VA 23601
- Dr. John G Kenerson MD1708 Old Donation Parkway Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. John Joseph Griffin MD1708 Old Donation Pkwy Virginia Beach VA 23454