Dr. Virginia Nichols is a Neonatal-Perinatal Physician practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Nichols cares for the critically ill newborn and premature infants. Neonatal-Perinatal Physicians treat conditions such as breathing disorders, birth defects, infections, and any other life-threatening medical problems. They coordinate with their young patients families and other physicians to determine appropriate treatment.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1984
- Children'S Hosp, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine; Univ Of Nc Hosps, Pediatrics
Dr. Virginia Guest Nichols MD's Practice location
Charleston, SC 29401Get Direction
Dr. Virginia Guest Nichols MD's reviewsWrite Review
- A Nurse's Guide on How to Handle Patients
Being a nurse is not as easy as some people might assume. It requires tons of patience and advanced knowledge on healthcare since there is no room for mistakes when you are dealing with people's lives. Whether you are an aspiring or a seasoned nurse, you can rarely fully get used to dealing with...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Rita Marie Ryan MD171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Cynthia Louise Massey M.D.171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. William M Southgate MD171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Tung N Giep M.D.13211 Hargrave Rd Houston TX 77070
- Dr. Arthur J Shepard MD9330 Medical Plaza Dr Charleston SC 29406
- Dr. Jennifer Michalec Kennard MD6030 W Highway 74 Indian Trail NC 28079