Dr. Kathryn Safford is a member of AMA, American College of Surgeons, Bexar County Medical Society, American Cancer society. Dr. Safford completed her medical degree in 1975. Dr. Safford completed her ...
Education and Training
Med Coll of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 1975
Med College Of Wisconsin 1975
Medical College of Wisconsin 1975
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Breast Cancer
- Vascular Disease
- Brooke Army Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Army Med Coll, Quaid-e-Azam Univ, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
Dr. Kathryn L Safford MD's Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
Dr. Kathryn L Safford MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Safford
- Hydrocephalus: What Is It?
Hydrocephalus is a condition where there is too much cerebrospinal fluid in the head. It comes from the Greek words “hydro”, which means water, and “cephalus”, which means head. It is a component of several congenital health problems, but may be caused by head injuries, too. In some cases,...
- What Are the Risks to Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee replacement surgery is a medical procedure that is aimed to treat a knee joint that has been damaged due to arthritis or other complications. Arthritis is a condition that results from the breakdown of joint cartilage plus the underlying bone. Knee replacement surgery is used when other means...
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: Can I Afford It?
Gastric bypass surgery has become a popular weight loss procedure, and can be considered the gold standard for weight loss surgeries. However, the cost of gastric bypass surgery is sky-high, and this is one of most common factors taken into consideration ahead of surgery.In the normal digestive...
- Diagnosing Appendicitis During Pregnancy
Diagnosing appendicitis during pregnancy is difficult because its symptoms are quite similar to those of pregnancy. Therefore, it’s important to be aware of this condition and consult your doctor immediately if you feel that the signs and symptoms you are experiencing are indicative of...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Recovering from a Laparoscopy
Patients who have undergone laparoscopic surgery tell of different stories. They have varying views and opinions. Some say it is a harrowing experience, while others consider laparoscopy a minor surgery. It really all depends on the individual, because every human being responds differently to...
- Dr. Peter Learn MD2200 Bergquist Dr Lackland TX 78236
- Dr. Jorge L Rincon MD215 E Quincy St San Antonio TX 78215
- Dr. Adam W Bingaman M.D.8201 Ewing Halsell Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Mr. Oscar Ochoa MD9635 Huebner Rd San Antonio TX 78240
- Dr. Moises Mateo Soulas M.D.343 W Houston St San Antonio TX 78205
- Dr. Alfred Palmer Bowles MD5711 University Hts San Antonio TX 78249