Dr. Emad Khan is a psychiatrist practicing in Saint Joseph, MO. Dr. Khan is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Khan diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Khan may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Khan treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Dow Med College University Of Karachi Pakistan 1986
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med, Psychiatry; Univ Of Md Med Sys, Psychiatry
Dr. Emad A Khan MD's Practice location
Saint Joseph, MO 64506Get Direction
Dr. Emad A Khan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Trichotillomania: Causes and Symptoms
IntroductionTrichotillomania is also known as the hair-pulling disorder. It is categorized as a mental disorder, wherein there is an involvement of an irresistible as well as a recurrent urge to pull out the hair from the scalp, eyebrows, and other parts of the body with hair.The urge to pull one's...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Side Effects of Trintellix
What is Trintellix?Trintellix is an antidepressant used for the treatment of a type of mental disorder called major depressive disorder (MDD). The common side effects of this medication are:...
- Does Flakka Induce Psychosis?
In the world of drugs, there is always a struggle to create better and more potent drugs. For the sellers, the motive is clear--to beat their competition by producing superior quality drugs. On the other hand, most users prefer designer drugs because they are often more potent, have fewer side...
- What Is Erectile Dysfunction: Get the Facts
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition in which a man is unable to get or maintain an erection long enough during sexual activity to satisfy his sexual needs. The condition was referred as impotence before medical research highlighted the underlying causes. Most men encounter erection problems at...
- How to Get Your Hormones in Check When You Have Depression
Depression is a mental illness that consumes individuals, leaving them feeling helpless, hopeless, and sometimes useless. It can be caused by life experiences such as loss of a family member or mental trauma in an individual's life.Depression can occur to anyone, and for a vast majority affected,...
- Dr. James Reynolds M.D.3505 Frederick Ave Saint Joseph MO 64506
- Dr. Paul R Epp MD5325 Faraon St Saint Joseph MO 64506
- Dr. Matthew T Perry M.D.660 S Euclid Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. James J Jura M.D.Heartland Regional Medical Center Saint Joseph MO 64506
- Dr. Bruce Parsa D.O.3505 FREDERICK AVE SAINT JOSEPH MO 64506
- Dr. Syed J Murtaza M.D.5325 Faraon St Saint Joseph MO 64506