Dr. Karthik Raghavan, MD, FACS
Surgeon5700 W Olive Ave 106 Glendale AZ, 85302
Dr. Karthik Raghavan is a general surgeon practicing in Glendale, AZ. Dr. Raghavan specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Raghavan provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Calicut Medical College MBBS 1999
Stanley Medical College MS Surgery 2003
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Areas of expertise and specialization
- American College of Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons, Phoenix Chapter
- SUNY Downstate, Staten Island Hospital, Browns Lebanon Hospital
Dr. Karthik Raghavan, MD, FACS's Practice location
Glendale, AZ 85302Get Direction
Scottsdale, AZ 85259Get Direction
Dr. Karthik Raghavan, MD, FACS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Raghavan
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Happens During an Appendectomy?
When the appendix experiences an infection, it becomes swollen and causes a lot of pain. It is necessary to undergo a surgical operation to remove this appendix that causes the discomfort. Functions of this organ called the appendix are not very clear, it is vestigial and, as such, its removal is...
- What Are the Risks of Gallbladder Surgery?
Your gallbladder has a very big role in the body during digestion. It is the organ that collects a fluid known as bile, which helps you to digest food. If your gallbladder develops complications, you may need to have it removed. You may also have it removed if you develop gallstones. Gallstones are...
- Recovering from a Laparoscopy
Patients who have undergone laparoscopic surgery tell of different stories. They have varying views and opinions. Some say it is a harrowing experience, while others consider laparoscopy a minor surgery. It really all depends on the individual, because every human being responds differently to...
- Hydrocephalus: What Is It?
Hydrocephalus is a condition where there is too much cerebrospinal fluid in the head. It comes from the Greek words “hydro”, which means water, and “cephalus”, which means head. It is a component of several congenital health problems, but may be caused by head injuries, too. In some cases,...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Dr. Terry L. Simpson MD., FACS9377 E Bell Rd Scottsdale AZ 85260
- Dr. Mary E. Schultheis MD.1492 S Mill Ave Tempe AZ 85281
- Dr. Tafadzwa Makarawo MD18275 N 59th Ave Glendale AZ 85308
- Dr. Yaritza Perez-soto M.D.5310 W Thunderbird Rd Glendale AZ 85306
- Dr. Kurt W. Sprunger M.D.3805 E BELL RD STE 5300 PHOENIX AZ 85032
- Dr. Rashmi Pradhan Vaidya M.D5810 W BEVERLY LN GLENDALE AZ 85306