Dr. Michael Schmidt is a pediatrician practicing in Lincoln, NE. Dr. Schmidt is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Schmidt diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Schmidt can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1983
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1983
Medical GeneticsAmerican Board of Medical GeneticsABMG
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Other Specialty; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Pediatrics
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Arizona) Program
Mr. Michael Alan Schmidt MD's Practice location
Lincoln, NE 68510Get Direction
Mr. Michael Alan Schmidt MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schmidt
- Cow Milk Formula Helps Babies to Gain Weight
According to a study, infants who were fed on cow’s milk formula gained weight more quickly, when compared to infants who were fed on protein hydrolysate formulas. Protein hydrolysate formulas, or hypoallergenic formulas, are meant for children who have problems digesting certain proteins. The...
- Cold Sores in Babies
As we all know, newborn babies do not develop strong immune systems immediately. Their bodies are still in the midst of the human development process and are adapting to the changes they face in the outside world. Thus, cold sores in newborn babies with weak immune systems can be extremely...
- What Are the Factors that Contribute to Autism?
The causes of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) are still unclear. Even though research shows that genetic factors are predominate, they are not the one and only cause. In fact, it’s much more likely that there are multiple causes rather than just one.1. Genetic FactorsThere are multiple studies...
- When to Seek Medication for Jaundice in Newborn Babies
Jaundice usually appears about three days after birth and disappears by the time the baby is two weeks old. Premature babies are more prone to jaundice than the mature ones. This condition can also take 5-7 days to appear. It can also stretch up to 3 weeks. Jaundice also tends to last relatively...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- Dr. Robert Kent Koch M.D.7001 A St Lincoln NE 68510
- Dr. Marcus Hilton Snow MD555 S 70th St Lincoln NE 68510
- Dr. Alicia Ann Cruce MD7001 A St Lincoln NE 68510
- Dr. Michelle B Petersen M.D.7441 O St Lincoln NE 68510
- Dr. Michelle G. everhart Walsh MD7001 A St Lincoln NE 68510
- Dr. Elizabeth A Larson M.D.7441 O St Lincoln NE 68510