Dr. Steven Wengel is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Omaha, NE. Dr. Wengel specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Wengel helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1986
University of Nebraska, Omaha, NB
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Geriatric Psychiatry
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Treating visual hallucinations with donepezil.
- ECT for screaming in dementia.
- Medication-induced dystonias in nine patients with dementia.
- A prospective evaluation of the Geriatric Depression Scale in an outpatient geriatric assessment center.
- Late-life mood disorders.
- Escitalopram: better treatment for depression is through the looking glass.
- Validation of a telephone version of the mini-mental state examination.
- Manic episode during treatment with aripiprazole.
- Impact of problem alcohol use on patient behavior and caregiver burden in a geriatric assessment clinic.
- The short form of the Geriatric Depression Scale: a comparison with the 30-item form.
- Dose-dependent bradycardia with citalopram in an elderly patient.
- A platform for nursing research on spirituality and religiosity: definitions and measures.
- Response to Yablonsky’s letter to the editor.
- Musical hallucinations. The sounds of silence?
- The Potential of Failure: Resulting Questions About Faculty Engagement.
- Creighton/Ne U Hlth Fndn, Psychiatry; Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, Psychiatry
- University of Nebraska Medical Center 1991
Dr. Steven P Wengel MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68198Get Direction
Dr. Steven P Wengel MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Dr. Thomas M Magnuson MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Rashmi Ojha MD601 N 30th St Omaha NE 68131
- Dr. William J Burke MD988102 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Prasad rao K.d. Padala MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. William H Roccaforte MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Amy E. Schuett M.D.10060 Regency Cir Omaha NE 68114