Dr. Mark Tieszen is a critical care surgeon practicing in Fargo, ND. Dr. Tieszen specializes in the needs of critically ill surgical patients. Critical care surgeons are experts in treating physiologic responses to tissue injury from trauma, burns, infections, acute inflammation, operation and more. They are also trained to know how such injuries interact with other diseases that a patient may have. As a critical care surgeon, Dr. Tieszen has a broad knowledge base and full understanding of the biology of the critically ill patient and the patients organ system functions.
Education and Training
Univ Of Sd Sch Of Med- Vermillion Sd- 1988
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, Critical Care Medicine-Internal Medicine; St Elizabeth'S Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Mark J Tieszen MD's Practice location
Fargo, ND 58102Get Direction
WYOMING, MI 49519Get Direction
Dr. Mark J Tieszen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Sepsis?
Sepsis is a severe medical condition caused by an extreme immune system response to infection. Widespread inflammation occurs due to chemicals that are released into the blood. This is the body’s natural response to counter an infection. Known as septicemia, or blood poisoning, sepsis is a...
- Is Sepsis a Chronic Condition?
Sepsis is a life-threatening condition, which is a result of the body’s reaction to an infection. Your body can respond to an infection by going into overdrive despite its immune system’s protection against diseases and infections.Sepsis is a dangerous condition where the body fights an...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Tips on Living with Sepsis
Living with sepsis doesn’t translate to the absence of issues in adults who become intellectually impaired and later become physically disabled.Some of the long-lasting effects of sepsis are obvious, such as missing limbs or organ dysfunction, like kidney failure. How long it takes for the...
- Appendicitis and Appendectomy
Health care personnel can identify many cases of appendicitis by checking the patient's medical history and then doing a physical examination of the individual.The health care personnel will ask questions like:...
- Alternative Treatments for Sepsis
Sepsis is caused by a bacterial infection that can begin anywhere in our body. Our immune system goes into overdrive, creating turmoil in the normal processes of our blood circulation. As a result, very small blood clots form, blocking the blood flow to vital organs. This can lead to organ failure,...
- Hasrat Khan MBBS801 Broadway N Fargo ND 58102
- Dr. Mazen Kherallah MD801 Broadway N Fargo ND 58102
- Dr. Matthew Stansbury M.D.801 BROADWAY N FARGO ND 58102
- Dr. Mouhamad Ghyath Jamil M.D.801 Broadway N Fargo ND 58102
- Dr. Regis Gary Lagler MD801 Broadway N Fargo ND 58102
- Dr. Frank J Sepe MD801 Broadway N Fargo ND 58102