Dr. Douglas E Coplen MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology1 Childrens Pl Suite A Saint Louis MO, 63110
Dr. Douglas Coplen practices Pediatric Urology in Saint Louis, MO. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Coplen is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Coplen performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1985
IU Health University Hospital Indianapolis Health Science
Indiana University School of Medicine 1985
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
- Management of the neonatal ureterocele.
- Vesicoureteral reflux and clinical outcomes in infants with prenatally detected hydronephrosis.
- The effect of health care coverage on circumcision rates among newborns.
- Outcome analysis of prenatally detected ureteroceles associated with multicystic dysplasia.
- Inhibition of mitogenic signaling and induction of apoptosis in human bladder smooth muscle cells treated with doxazosin.
- Transforming growth factor-beta1-induced hypertrophy and matrix expression in human bladder smooth muscle cells.
- The type and frequency of fetal renal disorders and management of renal pelvis dilatation.
- Prenatal diagnosis and neonatal management of congenital urethral diverticulum.
- Enuresis and dysfunctional elimination.
- The incidence of disorders of sexual differentiation and chromosomal abnormalities of cryptorchidism and hypospadias stratified by meatal location.
- Combination therapy with desmopressin and an anticholinergic medication for
- Efficacy and safety of transdermal and oral oxybutynin in children with neurogenic detrusor overactivity.
- Editorial comment.
- Do we need more rigorous standards for validation of new technology?
- The efficacy of oral midazolam for decreasing anxiety in children undergoing voiding cystourethrogram: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study.
- Genitourinary Surgery (urologic Surgery)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Birth Defects
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Children'S Hosp-Philadelphia, Urology; Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Urology; Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, General Surgery
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital 1988
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital 1992
- Washington University Medical Center in St. Louis 1987
- Pediatric Urology, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1994
- NIH Oncology Training Grant, Barnes Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 1990
Dr. Douglas E Coplen MD's Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63110Get Direction
Dr. Douglas E Coplen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Coplen
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- Dr. Gino Joseph Vricella MD1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Duong Dai Tu M.D.3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Paul Michael Zmaj M.D.3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Paul F Austin MD1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Elizabeth B Roth M.D.660 S Euclid Ave Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. John Weaver M.D.1 Barnes Jewish Hospital Plz Saint Louis MO 63110