Dr. Donald L Burrows MD
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine1601 Nw 114th St Suite 347 Clive IA, 50325
Dr. Donald Burrows practices Sleep Medicine in Clive, IA. Dr. Burrows studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1979
University of Illinois College of Medicine 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Donald L Burrows MD's Practice location
Dr. Donald L Burrows MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Burrows
- Study Reveals that Many Police Officers Suffer from Sleep Apnea
Although police officers work multiple shifts, they can still be affected by sleep apnea and other sleep disorders, which can take a negative toll on their health.Sleep apnea can pose a risk not only to police officers but to the people they protect in their community. A recent study has shown that...
- Researchers Use Tongue Ultrasound to Direct Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Obstructive sleep apnea is a medical condition that is characterized by pauses in breathing. The affected patient finds it difficult to breathe because the muscles of inhalation stop moving and the volume of the lungs remains the same. This is due to the accumulation of CO2 in the blood and a high...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machines: Full Face Masks, BiPAP, and ResMed S10
What is sleep apnea?Sleep apnea is a serious form of sleep disorder that occurs when a person's breathing is often interrupted while sleeping. The brain and other parts of the body do not get enough of oxygen when sleep apnea remains untreated. There are two main types of sleep apnea:...
- Can Sleep Apnea At-Home Studies Provide a Better Patient Outlook?
With an illness like sleep apnea, the patient may be completely unaware of it, as it occurs while they are sleeping. This could lead to frustration and future health concerns. Sleep apnea is difficult to determine as it symptoms mainly present themselves when the person is asleep. Therefore, to...
- Are You an Insomniac Before Getting Your Period?
Many women complain of insomnia a few days before getting their periods. “The actual reason behind this feeling is changing levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone”, says Michael Breus, PhD, ABSM, a sleep expert. “These changes in hormones can affect an individual's ability to fall...
- Why do I have Chronic Fatigue?
“People often come to doctors because of chronic tiredness. It is one of the most common complaints that bring them to the doctor”, says J. Fred Ralston Jr., MD, an internist practicing in western Tennessee and past president of the American College of Physicians. Ralston adds that there are...
- Dr. Wendy L Fluegel MD1601 Nw 114th St Clive IA 50325
- Melisa Coaker MD1449 Northwest 128th Clive IA 50325
- Dr. Sarita Kumari MD3600 30th St Des Moines IA 50310
- Dr. Gregory Alan Hicklin M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Amerlon L Enriquez M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Roger T Liu MD1601 NW 114TH ST DES MOINES IA 50324