I have a background in aerospace and critical care air transportation (CCATT) medicine, as a physician in the U.S. Air Force Reserves. Prior to that, I served as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Army. I t ...
Education and Training
University of Nebraska, Omaha, NB Medicine
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Acute Care, Emergency Care, Resuscitation And More
- Northeastern Ohio Universities Affiliated Hospitals 2004
- Summa Health System 2004
- Summa Akron City Hospital 2003
Dr. Joshua M Mcconkey M.D.'s Practice location
Fayetteville, NC 28301Get Direction
DURHAM, NC 27705Get Direction
Dr. Joshua M Mcconkey M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mcconkey
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- Dr. Keith Messner MD1638 Owen Dr Fayetteville NC 28304
- Dr. William Greenwood M.D.1638 Owen Dr Fayetteville NC 28304
- Dr. Frank L Christopher MDReilly Road Fort Bragg NC 28310
- Dr. Jerrilyn Jones MD383 Maynard St Pope A F B NC 28308
- Dr. Guy G Glatz M.D.1638 Owen Dr Fayetteville NC 28304
- Dr. Jamey Paul Hourigan D.O.6387 Ramsey St Fayetteville NC 28311