Dr. Abdel-moneim M Attia MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology602 W. University Avenue Nephrology Urbana IL, 61801
Dr. Abdel-moneim Attia is a nephrologist practicing in Urbana, IL. Dr. Attia specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Attia most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Univ Of Cairo- Fac Of Med- Cairo- Egypt (- Prior /) 1982
Bani Swief Branch, University Of Cairo, University Of Cairo, Faculty Of Medicine 1971
University Of Cairo Faculty Of Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Synthesis and biological activity of modified thiopyrimidine nucleosides.
- Possible involvement of beta-adrenergic receptors in the enhancement of nocturnal pineal N-acetyltransferase activity due to parathion administration.
- Nucleic acid components and their analogues: new synthesis of bicyclic thiopyrimidine nucleosides.
- Gonadotrophins for idiopathic male factor subfertility.
- Changes in indole metabolism in organ cultured rat pineal glands induced by interferon-gamma.
- The organochlorine insecticide 1,2,3,4,5,6-hexachlorocyclohexane (lindane) but not 1,1,1-trichloro-2,2-bis(p-chlorophenyl)ethane (DDT) augments the nocturnal increase in pineal N-acetyltransferase activity and pineal and serum melatonin levels.
- Carbaryl-induced changes in indoleamine synthesis in the pineal gland and its effects on nighttime serum melatonin concentrations.
- Chronic administration of sublethal doses of carbaryl increases pineal N-acetyltransferase and hydroxyindole-O-methyltransferase activities and serum melatonin levels.
- Parathion (O,O-dimethyl-O-p-nitrophenyl phosphorothioate) induces pineal melatonin synthesis at night.
- Lindane may enhance nocturnal pineal N-acetyltransferase activity via beta-adrenergic receptors.
- Gonadotrophins for idiopathic male factor subfertility.
- Interferon-gamma modulates melatonin production in rat pineal glands in organ culture.
- Seminal fibronectin in fertile and infertile males.
- Biopharmaceutical evaluation of formulated metformin/rosiglitazone tablets.
- Xanthoma disseminatum: a progressive case with multisystem involvement.
- 188P: Palliative hypofractionated radiotherapy in south Egyptian patients with stage III and IV non-small cell lung cancer.
- Genetic basis of resistance waves among methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates recovered from milk and meat products in Egypt.
- Cigarette smoking and male reproduction.
- Role of transcranial direct current stimulation on reduction of postsurgical opioid consumption and pain in total knee arthroplasty: Double randomized clinical trial.
- Effect of various disintegrants on the availability of directly compressed sulphadimidine tablets.
- Study of some biochemical changes among workers occupationally exposed to phenol, alone or in combination with other organic solvents.
- Night-time rise in rat pineal N-acetyltransferase due to carbaryl administration is reduced by propranolol treatment.
- Changes in nocturnal pineal indoleamine metabolism in rats treated with parathion are prevented by beta-adrenergic antagonist administration.
- Potent protective effect of melatonin on in vivo paraquat-induced oxidative damage in rats.
- Correlation between human sperm hypo-osmotic swelling test and other semen parameters.
- A phytochemical study of date palm pollen.
- Synthesis of 1-(beta-D-glycopyranosyl)-3-deazapyrimidines from 2-hydroxy and 2-mercaptopyridines.
- Nassau Co Med Ctr, Nephrology; Nassau Co Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Nassau University Medical Center Program
Dr. Abdel-moneim M Attia MD's Practice location
Urbana, IL 61801Get Direction
Dr. Abdel-moneim M Attia MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Attia
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Will My Kidney Stones Result in Future Kidney Problems?
A kidney stone is a condition that occurs when the minerals and salts present in the urine become concentrated in high levels and eventually tend to crystallize. These crystallized formations can be seen as stones, and they often stick together. Kidney stones mostly form in the kidney. They start as...
- What Causes Rhabdomyolysis?
Rhabdomyolysis is a condition in which the muscles are rapidly broken down resulting in the release of myoglobin — the muscle protein — into the blood. This is a rare condition, and the release of myoglobin into the blood can lead to damage of kidneys. It is mostly caused by muscle injury and...
- What Could Dysuria Be Telling You?
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or a burning sensation, discomfort, or difficulty when passing urine. In most cases, dysuria is a symptom of another medical condition. Males and females of any age can experience dysuria. However, this symptom is more common in...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- Does Acute Renal Failure Cause Death?
Our body machinery comprises of various parts and components all together, embedded to function as a whole unit to support life. Each component that forms a part of the body machine has a specific contribution and any malfunction in any of the components can have adverse effects on the entire body....
- Dr. Muhammad Rashid Ishaque M.D.550 Redmond Rd Nw Rome GA 30165
- Dr. Fahad Saeed M.D.611 W Park St Urbana IL 61801
- Dr. Ijlal Uddin M.D.611 W Park St Urbana IL 61801
- Dr. Ismail Qattash M.D.101 W University Ave Champaign IL 61820
- Dr. J. Timothy Sehy M.D.101 W University Ave Champaign IL 61820
- Dr. Dhananjay Purushottam Kulkarni MD, MPH611 W Park St Urbana IL 61801