Dr. Melissa Gowans is a pediatrician practicing in Greenville, NC. Dr. Gowans is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Gowans diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Gowans can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
St George',s University Medicine
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 2008
Dr. Melissa J. Gowans M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Not really. It is normal for kids to learn to walk anywhere from 9-18 months. So even if your first child developed the skill a little earlier it's okay to expect variation from subsequent children. Your pediatrician is monitoring your kids development at each visit and will certainly communicate any concerns with you. READ MORE
- University of Nevada Affiliated Hospitals 2000
- University Medical Center of Southern Nevada 2003
- University Medical Center/Sunrise Children's Hosp, Pediatrics, NV, USA 2003
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- University of Utah Medical Center 2006
- Primary Children's Medical Center, Pediatric Critical Care, UT, USA 2006
Professional Society Memberships
- American Board of Pediatrics, American Academy of Pediatrics, American Medical Association, American College of Chest Physicians
Articles and Publications
- Article in the Journal of Pediatric Pulmonary Care
Hobbies / Sports
- Spending Time With Her Son and Dogs, Outdoors
Favorite professional publications
- Pediatric News, Medscape Journals, MedLinks Journal, Online Journals
Dr. Melissa J. Gowans M.D.'s Practice location
Greenville, NC 27834Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Melissa J. Gowans M.D. | Pediatrician | Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Melissa J. Gowans M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Benefits of a Weighted Vest for Autism
Sensory integration therapy has been used for people with autism and other neurological disorders to try and tackle the underlying neurological processing and integration of sensory information in order to have a positive effect on emotion, learning, and behavior. Using a weighted vest for autism is...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- What Are Vaccines?
What is a vaccine?Vaccines are products that enable a person to develop immunity against certain diseases. A vaccine can be given through needle injections, by aerosol, or by mouth. The polio vaccine is given in the form of mouth drops that contain live but weakened organisms. The vaccine gets into...
- Tdap Vaccine for Whooping Cough
The Tdap vaccine protects the body from three diseases: tetanus, diphtheria, and whooping cough....
- What Are the Symptoms and Causes of Oral Thrush?
Infection of the mouth and throat by the fungus Candida albicans is known as thrush. The same fungus may infect other parts of the body, resulting in diseases like diaper rash and vaginal yeast infections. Candida infections are seen in children, older adults, and those with weak immune system. The...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Sharon A. Mangan600 Moye blvd Greenville North Carolina 27834
- Dr. John Eisses M.D., PH.D.600 Moye Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Margie L Jaworski MD2150 HERBERT CT GREENVILLE NC 27834
- Dr. Irma Fiordalisi MD2 Doctors Park Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. David A Goff MD600 Moye Blvd. 3e-139 Brody Medical Bld. Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Steven H Prevatte Other300 Bethesda Dr Greenville NC 27834