Dr. Christina Kim MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology282 Washington St Hartford CT, 06106
Dr. Christina Kim practices Pediatric Urology in Hartford, CT. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Kim is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Kim performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
University of Wisconsin-Madison, School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI MD
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
- Problems with Urination
- Wetting (Day and Night)
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Urinary Tract / Bladder Infection
- Abnormal urination, frequency, painful urination, blood in urine
- Spina Bifida
- Prenatal diagnosis of urinary obstructions (hydronephrosis)
- Stones in Urinary Tract
- Trauma/Injury to any part of the urogenital system
- Disorders of Sexual differntiation (Intersex disorders)
- Kidney (cystic kidney diseases, malformations, obstructions)
- Tumors and cancer (absent kidney, duplication anomalies, horshoe kidney, hydronephrosis, pelvic kidney, reflux, stones)
- Ureters (blockages, duplication anomalies, hydronephrosis, megaureters, reflux, stones, stictures)
- Penis (abnormal development, abnormal urinary stream, adhesions, chordee, circumcision, epispadias, hidden penis, hypospadias, injury, meatal stenosis, micropenis, newborn cicumcision, phimosis, webbed penis)
- Testis and groin (absent testis, epididymitis, hernias, hydroceles, infections, retractile testes, spermatoceles, pain, torsion, undescended, varicoceles)
- Female Genital Disorders (abnormal development, labial adhesions, urinary and genital birth defects)
- Bladder (diverticulum, exstrophy and epispadias, obstruction, reflux, tumors and cancer)
- And more
Experience & Accolades
- ResidencyUniversity of Connecticut
Dr. Christina Kim MD's Practice location
Hartford, CT 06106Get Direction
MADISON, WI 53792Get Direction
Dr. Christina Kim MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kim
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Dr. Carl K Gjertson M.D.263 Farmington Ave Farmington CT 06030
- Dr. Phillip P Smith M.D.6560 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. John H. Makari MD282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Eric Donald Nelson M.D.282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Sarah Rebecca Marietti shepherd M.D.263 Farmington Ave Farmington CT 06030
- Dr. Fernando Ferrer MD282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106