Dr. Erik Eduardo Folch MD, MSC
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH, 44195
Dr. Erik Folch practices Pulmonology in Cleveland, OH. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Folch manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
National Yang-Ming University School of Medicine 2000
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- 2004 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Lung Cancer
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Pulmonary & Critical Care, Cleveland, OH 2009
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Fellow:Pulmonary Disease 2006
Dr. Erik Eduardo Folch MD, MSC's Practice location
Cleveland, OH 44195Get Direction
Boston, MA 02215Get Direction
Dr. Erik Eduardo Folch MD, MSC's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Folch
- Everything About Bacterial Pneumonia: Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Management
What Is Pneumonia?Pneumonia is a tenderness or inflammation of the lung, upsetting the air sacs (alveoli) predominantly. It is normally caused by infectious elements such as bacteria and viruses. Risk components of pneumonia are comprised of other lung-linked diseases, such as COPD, asthma, heart...
- What Is Bibasilar Atelectasis?
IntroductionOur lungs are one of the hardest working organs in the body. Each minute, our lungs expand and contract up to 20 times. This is done to exchange carbon dioxide with oxygen. An obstruction in this process is called as bibasilar atelectasis, which is a life-threatening condition. It...
- Is There a Link Between Asthma and Bronchitis?
Bronchitis and Asthma are both inflammatory conditions that affect lungs where a person’s airways swell up, causing them breathing problems.Asthma, also known as bronchial asthma, is characterized as a chronic condition in which a person’s airways become inflamed, narrow and swollen, and produce...
- How Does Pneumonia Develop?
Pneumonia is a disease that affects the lungs due to an infection caused by bacteria, virus, or fungus. Pneumonia can either affect the left, right, or both lobes of the lungs.Pneumonia is a serious disease affecting people of any age. However, toddlers and young children are more affected by...
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough in Left Ventricular Cardiac Disturbances
Cystic fibrosis may be one of the most common autosomal recessive lethal diseases, but there remains much that is unknown about it. It has been established that the disease causes chronic pulmonary disease and is also capable of leading to cor pulmonale with right ventricular dysfunction, but it was...
- How Cystic Fibrosis Progresses in Patients
CF is an inherited disease that progresses throughout a patient’s life. Progression can occur when the thick and sticky mucus that accumulates within the body triggers inflammation and scarring in multiple different organs, thus leading to permanent damage. Unfortunately, many CF symptoms and...
- Dr. Amit Narula D.O.11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Rajiv Philip MD2500 Metrohealth Dr Cleveland OH 44109
- Dr. Isabel C Mira-avendano MD13700 Fairhill Rd Cleveland OH 44120
- Dr. Timothy F Kowalski MD4212 State Route 306 Willoughby OH 44094
- Dr. John Daryl Thornton MD, MPH2500 Metrohealth Dr Cleveland OH 44109
- Dr. Glenn Joseph Meden MD6770 MAYFIELD RD MAYFIELD HTS OH 44124