Dr. Javed Syed is a nephrologist practicing in Orlando, FL. Dr. Syed specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Syed most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Sind Med Coll, Univ Of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan 1991
Sindh Medical College, Dow University Of Health Sciences 1991
University of Karachi, Sind Med College, Karachi, Pakistan
Jinnah Sindh Medical University 1991
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- MemberAMERICAN SOCIETY OF NEPHROLOGY
- Member SUFFOLK ACADEMY OF MEDICINE
- Member AMERICAN COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS
- Univ Hosp-Suny Stony Brook, Nephrology; Cath M C-St John'S Queens Hp, Internal Medicine
- Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers
- Mercy St Vincent Medical Center/Mercy Health Partners Program
- (State University of NY at STONY BROOK) Nephrology
Dr. Javed Akhtar Syed M.D.'s Practice location
Orlando, FL 32806Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Javed Akhtar Syed M.D. | Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Javed Akhtar Syed M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Syed
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Will My Kidney Stones Result in Future Kidney Problems?
A kidney stone is a condition that occurs when the minerals and salts present in the urine become concentrated in high levels and eventually tend to crystallize. These crystallized formations can be seen as stones, and they often stick together. Kidney stones mostly form in the kidney. They start as...
- Is There an Early Diagnosis Possible in Hyperkalemia?
The human body is made up of certain minerals, each of which has a role to play to ensure a smooth function of the body. The body is considered healthy and working to its best ability when the prescribed balance of these minerals is maintained. When these minerals are lower or higher than the...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- What Is Dysuria: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or discomfort while urinating. This painful, burning sensation is commonly associated with urinary tract infections, which are usually caused by bacteria. Dysuria is also a common symptom of cystitis (inflammation of the bladder) and...
- Dr. Ivan Dario Maya MD766 N Sun Dr Lake Mary FL 32746
- Dr. Uday K Ranjit M.D.2501 N Orange Ave Orlando FL 32804
- Dr. Elpidio Antonio Abreu MD3885 Oakwater Cir Orlando FL 32806
- Dr. Mark A. Lagatta M.D.4100 Metric Dr Winter Park FL 32792
- Dr. Miguel Portocarrero MD2576 Boggy Creek Rd Kissimmee FL 34744
- Dr. Naveen Goel MD577 Prospect Ave Brooklyn NY 11215