Dr. Morteza Shahamat is an internist practicing in Mahwah, NJ. Dr. Shahamat specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Shahamat provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Teheran Univ, Fac of Med, Teheran, Iran 1970
UNIV OF TEHERAN (PAHLAVI MEDICAL SCHOOL) 1970
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- High Cholesterol
- Enlarged Prostate
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Vascular Disease
- Bergen Reg Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; St Joseph'S Hosp & M C, Internal Medicine; Winthrop-University Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Nassau Co Med Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Nyu Downtown Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; St Johns R
- Nassau University Medical Center
- Bergen Regional Medical Center
- Winthrop University Hospital
- Bergen Regional Medical Center Program
Dr. Morteza Shahamat MD's Practice location
Mahwah, NJ 07430Get Direction
Dr. Morteza Shahamat MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shahamat
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- What Is Raynaud’s Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Raynaud’s disease?Raynaud’s disease, also known as Raynaud’s syndrome or Raynaud’s phenomenon, is a rare blood vessel disorder described by a French physician named Maurice Raynaud in 1862. In this condition, the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the...
- What Causes Night Sweats?
Night sweats refer to excessive sweating during the night, and they can transpire regardless of the temperature. Another term commonly used for night sweats is hot flashes....
- What is Herpes?
Herpes is a viral infection caused by the herpes simplex virus, which is of two types – herpes simplex type 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex type 2 (HSV-2). HSV-1 causes blisters and sores in and around mouth, referred to as cold sores, oral herpes, or fever blisters. In HSV-2 infection, sores are...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- How Long Can Sperm Live?
Introduction An average man ejaculates 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of semen. This small amount of semen contains millions of sperm cells. It only takes one sperm to fertilize an egg, but each sperm has a limited life span, which begins once it leaves a man's body.For a couple trying to have a baby,...
- Dr. Walid Elkhalili MD6-20 PLAZA RD FAIR LAWN NJ 07410
- Angel R. De La Cruz1137 Main Avenue Clifton New Jersey 07011
- Dr. A. Donald Angeletti M.D.603 Bloomfield Ave West Caldwell NJ 07006
- Jennifer Reich Other581 N Franklin Tpke Ramsey NJ 07446
- Dr. Hamid Nia MD20 PROSPECT AVE HACKENSACK NJ 07601
- Dr. Sudir K. Sinha M.D.333 Old Hook Rd Westwood New Jersey 07675