Philip Manaker is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in South Glastonbury, CT. Manaker specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Manaker participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Albany Medical College - Union University 1961
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Usaf Sch Aerospace Med, Aerospace Medicine; Wm Beaumont Army Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Philip Arnold Manaker M.D., M.P.H's Practice location
South Glastonbury, CT 06073Get Direction
Dr. Philip Arnold Manaker M.D., M.P.H's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Middle Back Pain?
Middle back pain, also known as upper back pain or thoracic back pain occurs anywhere between the bottom of the neck to the top of the lumbar spine, where the rib cage ends. The ribs are connected to the sternum (a narrow thickened plate in the center of the chest) and then wrap round the...
- Tips for Living with Stroke
A stroke is a severe condition that is brought about by insufficient blood supply to the brain. This can be as a result of a blood clot or a broken blood vessel. According to physicians, stroke can cause different effects. However, if you stick to the treatment options designed by your doctor, a...
- Reasons Why You Need Occupational Therapy
Our days go by with daily occupations. These occupations represent who we really are in life. Different occupations performed daily may include different roles like being a husband, wife, parent, child, football player, tennis player, an actor, musician, doctor, firefighter, etc. Our occupations...
- How to Prepare for Occupational Therapy
There really is no single way to prepare for occupational therapy or any other forms of therapy for that matter. Treatment of disease is straightforward. The tests are known and the diagnosis is definitive. If the medication is tested and the side-effects are known, then the recovery time can be...
- When Should I See a Doctor if I have Back Pain?
Physical pain brought about by back pain can sometimes be unbearable making sitting, standing or walking a painful activity to undertake. Other aspects of your life might be affected too, such as sleep or your overall mood. Your daily life activities like study or work can also be affected resulting...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Dr. Matthew Lundquist MD20 York Street New Haven CT 06510
- Dr. George W Moore MD96 Martin Ter Glastonbury CT 06033
- Dr. Stephen A Kei M.D.1080 Day Hill Rd Windsor CT 06095
- Dr. Kent I Stahl MD1025 Silas Deane Hwy Wethersfield CT 06109
- Dr. Jonathan Mittelman MD534 Saybrook Rd Middletown CT 06457
- Dr. Yumi Koh DO, MPH130 Division St Derby CT 06418