Dr. Mona Castle is a family practitioner practicing in Oxford, MS. Dr. Castle specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Castle possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Ms Sch of Med, Jackson Ms 1989
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- University Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; University Hosp, Family Medicine
Dr. Mona M Castle MD's Practice location
Oxford, MS 38655Get Direction
Dr. Mona M Castle MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Castle
- What Is Leukopenia: Symptoms and Causes
What is leukopenia?Leukopenia is a condition in which abnormally low white blood cells are circulating in the blood. This condition can be diagnosed using a blood test called complete blood count (CBC). A normal white blood cell count is usually between 3,500-11,000 WBCs per microliter. People...
- What Is a Yeast Infection of the Skin?
IntroductionThe most common type of yeast infection in the skin is candidiasis, which is caused by Candida species. There are more than 20 Candida species that exist, and the most common among them is Candida albicans. These fungi may also occasionally cause infections. Below are some of the...
- When Could Polydipsia Be a Sign of Something Serious?
Extreme thirst is medically referred to as polydipsia, which is believed to be the first signs of diabetes. Polydipsia can also be accompanied by dry mouth, which could be constantly or temporarily experienced.In order for the body to function properly, it is important to drink an adequate amount of...
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs for Crohn's
Pain management can be considered a treatment plan that the patient and doctor can design together. The effective way of controlling pain can be through taking the drugs for Crohn’s disease as per the doctor’s prescription. The treatment plan may involve various medicines to reduce the pain...
- Syphilis: How Does It Affect Men and Women?
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that affects both men and women. The most common locations for the chancre to appear are in the penis, vagina, anus, and even in the oral cavity. There is not much difference in men and women as far as symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments are concerned....
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- Dr. Erik Scott Richardson M.D.1190 S 18th Street Ext Oxford MS 38655
- Dr. Heidi D Pratt D.O.604 S Main St Water Valley MS 38965
- Dr. Robert Franklin Cooper M.D.2200 S Lamar Blvd Oxford MS 38655
- Dr. David T Coon MD1487 Belk Blvd Oxford MS 38655
- Dr. James Wilson Speck M.D>Student Health Service University MS 38677
- Mr. Paul Leroy Odom MD604 South Main Street Water Valley MS 38965