Dr. Harvey Falit practices psychoanalysis and psychotherapy. He is a Training and Supervising Analyst at and past president of the Michigan Psychoanalytic Institute [MPI] where he teaches and supervises analytic candidates. He is also on the faculty of the Department of Psychiatry of the University of Michigan, where is the past-Director of the Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Clinic and currently teaches and supervises psychiatric residents. He is in the private practice of psychotherapy and psychoanalysis.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine MD 1966
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Training and Supervising Analyst Michigan Psychoanalytic Institute 2000 - 2018
- Clinical Assistant Professor University of Michigan - Department of Psychiatry 1979 - 2018
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- MIchigan Psyhoanalytic Society
- Michigan Psychiatric Society
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Kings County Hosp Ctr, Psychiatry; Med Ctr La New Orleans-Lsu, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Chldns Psyc Hospital University Mich Med School Hospital 1967
Dr. Harvey H Falit M.D.'s Practice location
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-2808Get Direction
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Harvey H Falit M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Harvey H Falit M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Falit
- What Are the Types of Bipolar Disorder?
What is bipolar disorder?Bipolar disorder is a mental illness characterized by extreme mood swings. The mood swings can be extremely high or low. They can last a few hours, days, weeks or even months. The mood swings consist of mixed emotions both of extreme happiness or extreme depression.Bipolar...
- Bulimia Nervosa: Get the Facts
Bulimia nervosa, commonly called as bulimia, is a serious eating disorder that can have potentially harmful effects. People with bulimia nervosa secretly eat and then purge through an unhealthy way, so they won't put on extra weight.This condition is characterized by repeated episodes of binge...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a psychotherapy treatment that involves a direct and practical approach to solving problems. It is short-term and focuses on changing the behavioral and thinking patterns of an individual so as to change the way he or she is feeling. It has proved to be...
- How to Cope with Your Depression
After being diagnosed with depression, it is important to learn how to cope with it and not fall into despair, as this could lead to severe consequences. Take the prescribed medicationAntidepressants may be prescribed to help improve your mood and enable you to return to your regular activities....
- Reducing Anxiety with Exercise
People who have chronic diseases, like heart conditions and arthritis may benefit from exercising, according to a study published in, Archives of Internal Medicine. Exercise may help to relieve anxiety and improve the quality of life in these people. Results of this study add to the growing body of...
- The Burden of ADHD
Although a child might not feel any different after being diagnosed with ADHD, the diagnosis truly affects his or her parents. For parentsYou will probably require special training by a specialist in ADHD to learn how to cope with your child’s condition. The specialist who diagnosed your child...
- Dr. Ruth Diaz M.D.4870 W Clark Rd Ypsilanti MI 48197
- Dr. Albert J. Sayed MD2020 Hogback Rd Ann Arbor MI 48105
- Dr. Numa P. Cabrera M.D.2115 Churchill Ann Arbor MI 48103
- Dr. Mary kay Balluff M.D.824 Harding St Plymouth MI 48170
- Dr. Edward Aquino Lamsen MD30901 Palmer Rd Westland MI 48186
- Dr. Sarah Ann Zakaria M.D.645 N Michigan Ave Chicago IL 60611