Dr. Alexander Solky M.D.
Oncologist | Medical OncologyInterlakes Oncology & Hematology Pc 211 White Spruce Blv Rochester NY, 14623
Dr. Alexander Solky is an oncologist practicing in Rochester, NY. Dr. Solky specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Solky manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Univ of Rochester Sch of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 1996
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry 1996
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Strong Mem Hsp U Rochester, Hematology/Oncology; Strong Mem Hsp U Rochester, Internal Medicine
- Strong Mem Hsp University Rochester
Dr. Alexander Solky M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, NY 14623Get Direction
Rochester, NY 14623Get Direction
Dr. Alexander Solky M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Solky
- Holistic Treatments for Bladder Cancer
Bladder cancer happens when there is a tumor that grows within the bladder. Cancer can result from the active division of cells that multiply abnormally and quickly. Bladder cancer begins by affecting a part of the bladder. With time, it can spread and extensively affect the walls of the bladder and...
- New Treatment for Difficult-to-treat Type of Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian clear cell carcinoma is one of the most difficult forms of ovarian cancers to treat, but there may be a new approach for therapy. The potential new form of therapy was discovered by Wistar scientists and discussed in detail in the online medical journal, Nature Cell Biology.Between 5 and 10...
- Nodular Melanoma Symptoms
What is nodular melanoma?Nodular melanoma is one of the five subgroups of melanoma. It usually develops in the cells of the skin that produce the pigment called melanin, which gives the skin its color. Approximately 15 percent of melanoma cases are nodular melanoma and is the most aggressive...
- Innovative New Technique Improves Breast Cancer Diagnosis
Despite only using a conventional optical microscope, researchers have found a way to see farther and more detailed into what they are studying. This is by using expansion microscopy, expanding the size of what they are observing, instead of intensifying the microscope at a high cost. This technique...
- Tonsil Research Shows Promising Results for Lymphomas and Autoimmune Diseases
So, what does this mean exactly? Two scientists were studying at Australian National University (ANU) and discovered that particles once thought to only exist within the neurons of the brain also exist within the immune system. The immune system as a whole does an amazing job of targeting pathogens,...
- Is There a Link Between Gum Disease and Breast Cancer?
Being on top of oral health is important. This is not new information. From childhood, people are taught that brushing at least twice a day and flossing every day is essential.It is also well known now that smoking is a risk factor for cancer. However, what may not be common knowledge is the...
- Dr. Paul Michael Barr MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Erika E. Ramsdale M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Jason Harold Mendler MD, PHD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Peter W Bushunow M.D.1425 Portland Ave Rochester NY 14621
- Dr. Carla Casulo M.D.601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Julia L. Smith M.D.1425 Portland Ave Rochester NY 14621